Water Utility Inspector
- Northern - North Central NJ, Northern - North Central NJ, New Jersey
CP Professional Services (CP) is a full service Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management & Life Sciences Consulting Company headquartered in Sparta, New Jersey. CP has over thirty (30) years of experience in site/civil, municipal, environmental, MEPF, architectural, and Lifesciences Compliance Consulting, We are committed to our clients and develop innovative strategies and targeted solutions necessary to exceed standards and our clients' individual needs, goals and expectations.
CP is ranked 3rd in the NJBIZ Top 50 Companies to Work for and is listed in NJBIZ 50 Fastest Growing Companies in NJ.
CP is seeking temporary employees to fill the position of Water Utility Inspector. The inspector will oversee work in the field, coordinate materials, review schedules, enforce permit requirements, coordinate with municipalities, approve invoices, and review changes in work. The inspector will be responsible for maintaining a diary or log book of all observations and daily activities for ongoing work, and for providing Engineer with written daily reports.
- 3 years minimum work experience in utility construction or general construction / inspection.
- Candidate must possess basic computer/ technological skills and proficiency, including familiarity with MapCall and/ or equivalent asset management mapping tools, data systems and technology.
- Good communications skills, strong work ethic with ability to work with others and the public.
- Self-motivated, organized, and focused, with good attention to detail.
- Have a valid Drivers License (Clean record) and be able to drive to inspection locations in and around Essex County NJ.
- Position requires walking "at a good pace." Must be physically fit.
- Be able to measure distance using measuring wheel, Read pressure / temperature gauges and read blue print/profile plans.
- Applicants will have to pass a background check.
- High school graduate or equivalent. Technical school or college degree beneficial.
- NICET preferred but not required
Please click the "I'm Interested" button to submit your credentials or visit our website career page at www.cppsc.com