- Chantilly, VA
CORT is a Berkshire Hathaway Company that has been in business since 1971. We are one of the country's leading service providers to businesses and individuals in transition. CORT is the world's leading provider of furniture rental, tradeshow and event furnishings, and relocation and transition services. We have locations throughout the U.S. and in the UK. As an organization, CORT's greatest assets are the more than 2,000 employees working nationwide.
Today, CORT has more than 100 showrooms, clearance centers and distribution facilities across the United States, operations in the United Kingdom and a Global Network of partners servicing more than 70 countries around the world.
CORT is the nation's leading provider of transition services, helping millions of individuals and more than 80 percent of Fortune 500 companies with their event and relocation needs making a house a home, an office a great place to work and an event a memorable celebration.
The Lease Administrator is responsible for overseeing the tracking of all financial obligations with respect to all lease properties as well as the payment of real estate taxes for owned properties. In this position the employee will maintain the data base with respect to all facilities to include rent and operating expense data, expiration dates with respect to leases, renewal options, termination rights, etc. and other pertinent information with respect to all properties CORT leases and subleases.
- Interfaces with real estate management companies, Landlords and District General Managers and Corporate accounting staff in the review of requests for payments to insure accuracy in conformance with rental obligations.
- Responsible for abstracting pertinent data from leases together with updating and maintaining a real estate information system.
- Ensures all renewal, expansion and termination dates are reviewed and acted upon in a timely manner.
- Oversees all subleased properties and insure that all rental obligations are updated; monies collected and perform all necessary calculations, i.e., CPI adjustments, calculations for reimbursable operating expenses, etc.
- Reviews and approves for payment all operating expense reconciliation statements.
- Responsible for maintaining and overseeing legal document activity and notarization of legal documents.
- Reviews lease documents and provide guidance and counsel to field operating units. Distributes close out check lists to DGM(s) when closing facilities and ensures we receive back and follows up on return of all security deposits.
- Performs administrative duties such as preparation of real estate analysis and tracking reports, underlying lease option reports, rent obligation reports, open & close facility reports.
- Ensures timely compliance with landlord requests such as Estoppels and subordination agreements. Reviews documents with operating units, construction department for accuracy and existing legal file to ensure documents are accurate before forwarding to Senior VP for signature.
- Provides lease information to insurance broker for the issuance of insurance certificates to Landlords on all new lease agreements entered into.
- Notarizes legal documents that require notary
Good understanding of commercial real estate leases, terminology, and implications of lease language
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- High attention to detail required
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and good organizational skills
- Good communication skills, and problem /resolution abilities.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/32y4vnkywmv69ghh
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.