Test and Verification Engineer
- 999 Republic Dr, Allen Park, MI 48101, USA
Control-Tec, a Delphi Automotive company, is a global provider of telematics and analytics solutions serving the transportation industry in the Light-duty, Heavy-duty, Recreational, Agriculture, Locomotive, and Industrial sectors. The CT® solution combines comprehensive data acquisition methods with a powerful edge and cloud computing architecture resulting in an enterprise-class solution for fleet management, product development, connected vehicle and data exchange applications.
Control-Tec’s Qualifier platform enables automotive OEMs to possess the speed, flexibility, reliability, cost savings and collaboration needed to successfully develop today’s software centric machines. Since 2009, Control-Tec has supported the development of data solutions that enable robust design, development and validation for powertrain, vehicle, and electrical system domains. This unmatched expertise of both vehicle systems and data analytics uniquely positions Control-Tec to offer our clients the ability to avoid warranty cost, improve product quality, enhance customer experience and optimize an increasingly connected portfolio.
As a member of the Test and Verification Engineering team you will be part of the Product Management organization, responsible for Product Integration and Delivery. The team is primarily responsible for system integration/verification and validation of Control-Tec’s software and hardware products, including web and mobile applications, and automotive data-logging hardware. You will develop detailed test plans and automated tests to ensure software and hardware meet documented requirements. Working closely with product management, hardware and software engineers, you will manage execution of product testing while continuously improving processes. Critical skills are self-starting, time management, project management, written and verbal communications, and the ability to converse with automotive, software and hardware engineers.
- Planning, preparation and execution of verification and validation testing.
- Development of detailed test plans for software and hardware (new products and product changes) based on requirements from Product Management.
- Development of automated software testing code and tools.
- Participate in continuous improvement of software engineering processes.
- BASC or equivalent in Engineering or Computer Science discipline.
- 2+ year of automated software testing experience.
- Strong software development experience is a plus (C/C++, Java).
- Excellent communication skills and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Experience in automotive industry is a plus.
CONTROLTEC offers a comprehensive and industry leading benefits package. In addition we provide flexible work schedules, generous time off and an environment that promotes ingenuity and fun! To learn more about our company, our progressive culture and to apply online, visit our website at www.control-tec.com