- 999 Republic Dr, Allen Park, MI 48101, USA
Control-Tec, a Delphi Automotive company, is a global provider of telematics and analytics solutions serving the transportation industry in the Light-duty, Heavy-duty, Recreational, Agriculture, Locomotive, and Industrial sectors. The CT® solution combines comprehensive data acquisition methods with a powerful edge and cloud computing architecture resulting in an enterprise-class solution for fleet management, product development, connected vehicle and data exchange applications.
The technical writer will have a variety of responsibilities related to product documentation, software feature requirement definition, generation of customer-facing documentation and marketing materials. The successful candidate will have technical documentation experience, creativity, and the ability to understand and describe complicated technical concepts.
- Take developer-written design deliverables and transform them into clear, polished, design documents for customers.
- Assist in generation of software requirements documentation for applications related to automotive engineering data collection and analysis.
- Write and publish accurate, up-to-date release notes and project overview documentation.
- Design, write, and edit user guides, install guides, online help, and training material.
- Generate screen-captured / video tutorials for web-based applications.
- Develop company-wide technical documentation templates and help to ensure that the templates are used appropriately and consistently.
- Review/edit documentation produced by other writers and management.
- One or more years experience in technical writing.
- Solid understanding of technical writing principles.
- Advanced Skills in Microsoft Word / Excel / PowerPoint and Google Docs.
- Experience with content authoring tools and creating documentation using a wiki.
- Effective time management skills in order to meet multiple, competing deadlines on time in an agile software development environment.
- Knowledge of / experience in the automotive engineering industry is a plus.
- Proven experience in making creative and innovative improvements to documentation development processes and management.
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience with HTML development, generating screen-capture videos, and the Atlassian suite of tools (e.g. JIRA, Confluence) are pluses.
CONTROLTEC offers a comprehensive and industry leading benefits package. In addition we provide flexible work schedules, generous time off and an environment that promotes ingenuity and fun! To learn more about our company, our progressive culture and to apply online, visit our website at www.control-tec.com