Technical Level Designer
- 645 Wellington Suite 301, Montreal, Québec, Canada
For over 20 years, CM Labs’ Vortex Simulators and services have helped train crane and heavy equipment operators all over the world. Today, CM Labs is the largest simulator vendor in the market, with over 1,000 simulators in 30 countries deployed with Vortex software. CM Labs’ feature-rich Vortex Simulators provide immersive, ultra-realistic learning environments that promote increased safety and operational efficiency, essential skills development, and reduced training costs. Developed by operators, trainers, and simulation experts, our standards-based solutions prepare operators for the real world.
Our clients include IUOE, Kiewit, Liebherr, Mammoet, Manitowoc, NASA, and over 100 other world-class companies, OEMs, equipment operators, and trades training organizations.
CM Labs is looking for 2 Technical Level designers with a passion for using game technology to develop immersive 3D training and education applications. The Technical Level Designer is responsible for the layout and construction of simulation environments. In addition to physical construction, Level Designers proactively contribute to creative “gameplay” ideas throughout the software creation process. Technical Level Designers work closely with Programmers and Artists to interpret subject matter to fulfill the needs of the clients. The level designer must have the ability to balance aesthetic and simulation needs with technical limitations, budget concerns, and subject matter expert requests, under the guidance of his Manager.
• Assemble simulation assets in scenes as-per System Engineer / Product Owner specifications
• Build simple mechanisms from 3D models
• Collaborate with 3D artists to optimize the scene graphics performance
• Identify specific requirements for mechanism features and extensions.
• Script scenarios
· 3-5 years of level design experience
· Programming and scripting experience required (eg, Python, C#, C++, etc)
- Experience with Game Engines (eg. Unity or Unreal)
· Ability to create and manage levels from inception to final product
· Ability to work well in a team environment
· Ability to take and understand direction, along with meeting project deadlines and handling multiple tasks
· Demonstrable experience with creation and implementation of game systems and mechanics
· Shipped title experience
· Familiarity with modeling tools
· Traditional art skills and Photoshop experience
· Experience with level design documentation
· Experience with Scrum / AGILE development
· Familiarity with bug tracking software (e.g. JIRA)
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What We Offer
- The chance to have an impact on the real world by working on innovative and challenging projects and creating cutting edge technology.
- Flexible work schedule
- Work-life balance
- Paid week off (additional vacation week) between Christmas and New Years
- Company discounts (Transport, Gym, Ski hills, special events)
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Pour faciliter la lecture, le genre masculin est utilisé sans discrimination dans ce texte.
The masculine gender is used in this text without discrimination, to facilitate reading.