Software Developer User Experience
- 645 Rue Wellington, Montréal, QC H3C 0L1, Canada
For over 20 years, CM Labs’ Vortex Simulators and services have helped train crane and heavy equipment operators all over the world. Today, CM Labs is the largest simulator vendor in the market, with over 1,000 simulators in 30 countries deployed with Vortex software. CM Labs’ feature-rich Vortex Simulators provide immersive, ultra-realistic learning environments that promote increased safety and operational efficiency, essential skills development, and reduced training costs. Developed by operators, trainers, and simulation experts, our standards-based solutions prepare operators for the real world.
Our clients include IUOE, Kiewit, Liebherr, Mammoet, Manitowoc, NASA, and over 100 other world-class companies, OEMs, equipment operators, and trades training organizations.
Our software R&D team is looking for a Software developer to join us and work on our user interface framework and editor for our simulation solutions. The platform is used for our own immersive training simulators as well as for the Vortex Studio product.
- Be a driver to push our user interface, framework and tools forward
- Participate in agile development as member of the team
- Discuss and review designs as team work
- Review your own code changes and those of other developers
- Scope and estimate tasks as team work
- Investigate and correct issues raised by customers
- BAC in Computer Science or Software Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years of experience in software development and commercial applications
- Expert in user interface development and the required software architecture
- Expert in C++ and object oriented programming (design patterns and UML a plus)
- Experience in 3D visualization or game engine an asset
- Knowledge of scripting tools (Python an asset)
- Experience in touch or mobile interfaces an asset
- Experience in leading technically a team of developers an asset
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for UX, user experience
- Strong sense of responsibility and commitment
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Pour faciliter la lecture, le genre masculin est utilisé sans discrimination dans ce texte.
The masculine gender is used in this text without discrimination, to facilitate reading.