High Performance Computing Engineer
- Redhill, UK
CGG (www.cgg.com) is a global geoscience technology leader. Employing around 3,700 people worldwide, CGG provides a comprehensive range of data, products, services and solutions that support our clients to achieve their business and transition goals. We combine human ingenuity and new technology to understand and solve the world’s natural resource, environmental and infrastructure challenges. Our unique perspective uncovers new ways for our clients to be more efficient and responsible, for a more sustainable future.
We support our clients’ Digitalization programs with expert geoscience data transformation and management services, as well as the latest digital technology applications for geoscience data and cloud solutions for data delivery and HPC.
Our own Unique blend of Technology, Science and Creative Thinking
We use a unique combination of pioneering proprietary software, visualization applications and high performance CPU & GPU computing capabilities. Our scientific teams collaborate with customers, through the analysis, enhancement and creative problem solving of complex data. Together we produce tailored products and customized solutions in pursuit of providing a deeper understanding of the Earth’s subsurface structures for exploration, production and optimization of oil and gas reservoirs.
Become Part of our Team
We are looking for enthusiastic and talented individuals to join our European Computing centre, based in the South-East of England, operating across a diverse global market, with high profile European and International customers.
The purpose of this role will be to provide, a high level of strategic and operational support. Requiring a deep technical understanding of High-Performance Computing (both compute and storage). In order to deliver cost effective solutions, it is essential that you are capable of working closely with the appropriate business owners and technical community.
Using your skills in an applied environment, you will play an active role in the provisioning, development, installation and configuration, operation and maintenance of specialist computing infrastructure as well as providing technical support to users.
Key Skills & Competencies
- Design HPC architectures (compute or storage components), in collaboration with the IT Operations and SI sourcing team.
- To act as a high-level expert who can deal with escalated various HPC issues.
- Perform benchmarks (to select suitable vendors and products).
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst our STC operations teams.
- Ensure optimal deployment of production solutions.
- Collaborate with our compute and storage vendors.
- Promote a high-tech image for CGG
Educated to a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PHD degree level in any of the following disciplines;
- Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems or related computing subjects
We need a strong scientific background, and capabilities of developing a good understanding of the seismic processing business, along with:
- Extensive expertise in HPC compute and storage, in both hardware (CPUs, accelerators, interconnects, storage, etc.) and software (Linux components, HPC tools and parallel file systems).
- Proven experience in fixing operational issues for large-scale HPC infrastructures.
- Experience using and adapting to new technologies.
- Experience communicating effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Experience of Openstack technologies would be desirable
We recognise the importance of work life balance for our employees, which is supported through our flexible working and relaxed dress code policies.
We recognise and actively support the wellbeing of our staff through many different initiatives;
- Promoting active lifestyles
- Onsite Social Games area which provide downtime through the working day
- Our restaurant, offering great food and a highly effective social and work space
- Regular social club events, spontaneous reward events throughout the year
- Many discounts schemes, including Gym membership and a cycle purchase scheme
We encourage and actively support a strong sense of community, through volunteering and various company initiatives, as well as a strong company commitment to protecting our environment through sustainable solutions, energy saving and waste reduction enterprises.
We see things differently. Diversity fuels our innovation, we value the unique ways in which we differ, and we are committed to equal employment opportunities for all professionals.