Tech Talent Program | 2021
- Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Who are CGG?
CGG (www.cgg.com) is a global geoscience technology leader. Employing around 3,700 people worldwide, CGG provides a comprehensive range of data, products, services and solutions that support our clients to more efficiently and responsibly solve complex natural resource, environmental and infrastructure challenges.
Our geoscience solutions mobilize the expertise and ingenuity of our exceptional geoscientists, data scientists, researchers and engineers, and leverage the latest data analytics, machine learning and AI technologies to deliver new insights and innovations that enable our clients to achieve their business and energy transition goals in new, more sustainable ways.
The world beneath our feet is both incredibly complex. We use the latest signal processing, modelling and imaging techniques and some of the most advanced CPU & GPU compute facilities in the world to build high-resolution 3D images and models of subsurface structure and rock properties for our clients.
Do you want to use Math and Physics to solve real world problems?
We are looking for people who are enthusiastic about using their problem solving skills and whose natural curiosity about Physics, Math and Technology will keep CGG at the forefront of innovation in geoscience. Every project is different and full of challenges!
As part of the Subsurface Imaging team, you will work with some of the world’s most complex geoscience projects. The emphasis will be on managing day-to-day operations of large and challenging projects, providing optimal quality control, identifying and solving complex problems, collaborate in new technologies and tools development.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Degree in Physics, Mathematics, Engineering, Geophysics or any other analytical discipline – MSc or PhD highly desirable (completed or ongoing)
What do you need to demonstrate during the application process?
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Innovative mindset
- Technical knowledge in an area of applied mathematics or physics
- Good communication in English
- Expertise in an area of applied mathematics/physics/data science
- Ideally, some experience in programming
* No previous experience in industry required!
** This is an effective position
Reasons to join CGG:
Life at CGG Rio
We love a good challenge. We harness a passion for technological and scientific innovation to foster change for the future. In our Rio center, you will find a diverse and multicultural work environment, where you will use your knowledge to help set high-performance standards and push the limits of possibility.We provide the environment to help you succeed when taking on ambitious challenges, all while developing your skills and preparing you for the future.
Create a brighter future for yourself
Our culture of learning and complementary approach to supported or self-guided career development, enables the design of tailored courses to suit specific needs of each individual to aid personal growth in areas related to both technical and personal skills, via an extensive suite of CGG developed courses, managed through our own CGG learning hub.
People always come first!
We recognise the importance of work life balance for our employees, which is supported through our flexible working and Quality of Life Program. We encourage and actively support a strong sense of community, through volunteering and various company initiatives, as well as a strong company commitment to protecting our environment.
- Educational Allowance for our employees to start/complete their undergrad or graduate degrees (Specialization, M.Sc, Ph.D, etc…)
- Language Program 100% paid by CGG
- Bonus scheme
- Company contributory Private Pension plan
- Extended maternity and paternity Leaves
- Employee Assistance Program to support our employees and their family;
- Health, dental and life insurances
- Meal allowance
- Breakfast and Snacks in the office
- And much more!
Ready to kickstart your career?
Join us and add your talent and imagination to see things differently!