Software Developer (Engineer) 2022 Programme
- Crawley, UK
CGG (www.cgg.com) is a global geoscience technology leader. Employing around 3,700 people worldwide, CGG provides a comprehensive range of data, products, services and solutions that support our clients to achieve their business and transition goals. We combine human ingenuity and new technology to understand and solve the world’s natural resource, environmental and infrastructure challenges. Our unique perspective uncovers new ways for our clients to be more efficient and responsible, for a more sustainable future.
Our subsurface imaging specialists are constantly pushing the boundaries to discover new innovations. Our global network of centers provides region-specific expertise, outstanding service and remarkable technology in every image.
Become Part of our Team
We are looking for enthusiastic and talented individuals to join our largest European centre, based in the South-East England, which employees in excess of 350 staff, operating across a diverse global market with high profile European and International customers.
As a Software developer, you’ll play a vital role in the support, improvement and on-going development of different scale projects. You will design and build the pipelines and systems using algorithmic, machine learning and big data solutions. You will collaborate with various teams alongside engineers and research data scientists to develop systems that work in real production environment. Your team works at some of the interesting image processing problems. Through data mining, analytics and AI, our continued focus is to capitalise on the vast amounts of data available to develop new ways of working, automate or enhance decision making and aid in the further development and optimisation of our cutting-edge proprietary software. As an integral member of our global development team, we highly encourage the contribution of ideas and drive in the generation of new concepts, to maintain our outstanding leadership position for technology and service delivery in the market place.
Educated to a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PHD degree level in any of the following disciplines;
- Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Physics or related Computing subjects
Key Skills & Competencies
- A passion for programming, technology and enthusiasm for analytical and problem solving challenges
- Through formal education or self-learning, fluent in at least one of the C/C++, Python, Go programming language ideally based on a Linux platform
- Proficiency to design, build, test and support innovative solutions
- The ability to define and manage project deadlines
- The ability to balance workloads across a wide variety of projects
- To keep all stakeholders regularly informed on progress
- To innovate and have fun through collaboration and generation of ideas which lead to software performance and user interface improvements or delivery of new concepts
- An enthusiastic attitude towards learning and flexibility to adapt to new challenges or changes in direction
Learning and Development
Our culture of learning and complementary approach to supported or self-guided career development, enables the design of tailored courses to suit specific needs of each individual to aid personal growth in areas related to technical, commercial and personal skills, via an extensive suite of CGG developed courses, managed through our own CGG learning hub.
- Competative starting salary
- CGG bonus scheme
- Initially 22 days holiday with future increases, complemented by a flexible buying and selling holiday program
- Company contributory pension plan
- Accommodation assistance program
- Flexible Private Medical & Dental care programs, tailored to suit individual or family needs
- Employee Assistance Program to support our staff
We Care about our Staff and Environment
We recognise the importance of work life balance for our employees, which is supported through our flexible working and relaxed dress code policies.
We recognise and actively support the wellbeing of our staff through many different initiatives;
- Onsite exercise opportunities and promotion of active lifestyles
- Recently refurbished kitchen facilities
- Regular social club events, spontaneous reward events throughout the year
- Many discounts schemes, including Gym membership and a cycle purchase scheme
We encourage and actively support a strong sense of community, through volunteering and various company initiatives, as well as a strong company commitment to protecting our environment through sustainable solutions, energy saving and waste reduction enterprises.