- Crawley, UK
Working within the Cloud Services and Software Hub, the Platform Architect will be responsible for the design, deployment, continuous improvement and sustaining of our cloud delivered data solutions infrastructure, serving business requirements across the CGG Geoscience business lines.
CGG utilise cloud platforms for the provision of data delivery and management services, high performance computing, and as an enabler of other technologies provided on those platforms (e.g. ML). These environments need to be created, tested, deployed and maintained to meet CGG and client business needs.
Working closely with our other architects, software developers, support and test team, corporate networking, and our clients, the individual will drive our cloud platform forward by developing the long-term strategy, as well as ensuring strong operational performance, scalability, integration and as part of the wider team.
- Responsible for owning the cloud architecture for internal and client facing data management, processing and delivery
- Engage and collaborate with business stakeholders to collect, consolidate and translate requirements into architectural designs and development plans
- Drive forward the adoption of cloud infrastructure at various scales within the organisation
- Work closely with data architects, software developers and the wider team to support and continuously enhance our product offering, particularly through enablement of the benefits of cloud-based infrastructure and services
- Takes significant accountability for security of the solutions, working with experts within CGG (inc. InfoSec) or outside as appropriate
- Automate deployment of applications and services to servers on both internal (development/staging) and external cloud systems
- Build specifications and manage external resources as required
- Build & maintain technical documentation on configuration and processes
- Provide strong operational performance: incident management, configuration process automation, health and performance monitoring, resilience for our cloud deployed infrastructure
- Degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- Demonstrable experience of working as a full-stack platform/solutions architect in a cloud computing environment
- ·Broad understanding of the computing landscape, with an interest in current and emerging technologies and how they can be applied to solve Geoscience problems
- ·Experience in designing architectures for private and hybrid cloud infrastructures (e.g. Openstack), including HPC job management environments (e.g. Slurm, Airflow)
- Experience of deploying and configuring virtualised environments (Linux and Windows), and container solutions, e.g. Docker and Kubernetes
- Strong Python fluency, with emphasis on API design for data processing and analytics
- Experience with definition of specifications and management of external resources if deemed necessary for implementation of platform component
- Geoscience data experience desirable, with emphasis on Geospatial/GIS applications
- Relevant certifications in cloud architecture, cloud management, networking, security etc. desirable