Senior IT Support Specialist
- Redhill, UK
CGG (www.cgg.com) is a global geoscience technology leader. Employing around 3,700 people worldwide, CGG provides a comprehensive range of data, products, services and solutions that support our clients to more efficiently and responsibly solve complex natural resource, environmental and infrastructure challenges. CGG is listed on the Euronext Paris SA (ISIN: 0013181864).
Reporting to the UKCC IT Team Leader, the Senior IT Support Specialist position will play a vital role in contributing to the global HPC and Digital Platform team. The position is based in the EAME data centre located in the south east of England.
This role requires a proven track record across a wide range of activities connected to an HPC and Cloud environment. Your primary responsibilities will be to improve and develop our systems, technology and infrastructure, alongside providing third line technical support. Additionally, you will be expected to mentor and coach junior members of the team.
We highly encourage the contribution of ideas and drive in the generations of new concepts and solutions to maintain our outstanding leadership position for technology and service delivery in the marketplace.
- Incident management
- Problem management
- Change management
- Documentation management
- Project management
- Continual service improvement
- Service monitoring
- Technical innovation
You must have a minimum of five years’ experience in relevant fields.
You must be educated to a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree level in any of the following disciplines:
- Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems or related computing subjects
ITIL Foundation level certification
- A strong understanding of Linux administration in an HPC environment
- A good knowledge of ITOps disciplines and practices, including scripting
- Virtualization knowledge and experience
- OpenStack experience
- Cloud administration experience
- A passion for technology and enthusiasm for analytical and problem-solving challenges
- An enthusiastic attitude towards learning and flexibility to adapt to new challenges or changes in direction
- The ability to define and manage project deadlines
- The ability to balance workloads across a wide variety of projects
Learning and Development
Our culture of learning and complementary approach to supported or self-guided career development, enables the design of tailored courses to suit specific needs of each individual to aid personal growth in areas related to technical, commercial and personal skills, via an extensive suite of CGG developed courses, managed through our own CGG Learning hub.
We have great Benefits
As well as a competitive salary and bonus scheme, CGG has flexible holiday allowance, pension scheme, private healthcare & dental and financial wellbeing assistance, among many other local discounts and incentives.