- Crawley, UK
CGG (www.cgg.com) is a global geoscience technology leader. Employing around 3,700 people worldwide, CGG provides a comprehensive range of data, products, services and solutions that support our clients to achieve their business and transition goals. We combine human ingenuity and new technology to understand and solve the world’s natural resource, environmental and infrastructure challenges. Our unique perspective uncovers new ways for our clients to be more efficient and responsible, for a more sustainable future.
Our subsurface imaging specialists are constantly pushing the boundaries to discover new innovations. Our global network of centers provides region-specific expertise, outstanding service and remarkable technology in every image.
Become Part of our Team
Reporting to the Research Advisor, the Researchers main responsibilities will be to:
- Develop algorithms and technology to solve a specified problem.
- Validate algorithm on synthetic and real data to assess strengths and weaknesses of proposed approach.
- Support rollout of new technology through internal presentations and user support.
- Promote use of new technology to clients through scientific publications and presentations.
- Keep informed of internal requirements by building close relationships with end users.
- Develop knowledge by reading academic publications, attending technical presentations, workshops, conferences and seminars.
- We are looking for individuals with:
- Strong mathematics skills, these are essential, as you must be capable of abstracting technical concepts with mathematical languages.
- Fantastic analytical and problem solving abilities and great attention to detail.
- Excellent coding skills, also essential for this role, particularly C/C++ or FORTRAN and preferably knowledge of high performance computation (MPI, multi-threading, GPU, etc.)
- Effective communication & presentation skills.
- Highly motivated to deal with real data, solve real-world problems and deliver high-end technological products to our clients.
- Experience in wave propagation, inversion, or strong signal processing background, is a plus.
Educated to a PhD degree level in any of the following disciplines; Physics, Mathematics, Geophysics, Astrophysics, Fluid Mechanics, Electrical Engineering, or any other related technical degree.
An MSc level (or equivalent) with experience would also be accepted.
Why choose CGG?
Learning and Development
Joining a company with a culture of learning and a world-class structured career development pathway, our graduates can develop their technical, commercial and personal skills for the future via a suite of internal courses led by our own CGG University.
We encourage you to take ownership of your development by identifying opportunities to further progress your own skills and experience.
CGG focuses on the strengths and talents of our people and develop learning opportunities that encourage development at every step of your career.
Our Subsurface Imaging division operates on a global scale. You will be part of a worldwide network of data imaging centres and have the opportunity to discover how a global business operates and interacts.
Work / Life Balance
CGG recognise the importance of work life balance and therefore, in addition to operating a flexible working week, we encourage and support a strong social community; through sports activities, monthly get togethers, charity fundraisers and annual events.
We have great Benefits
As well as a competitive salary and bonus scheme, CGG has flexible holiday allowance, pension scheme, private healthcare & dental and financial wellbeing assistance.
Working in an open plan office environment with dedicated social space, our employees are given the freedom to research innovative new ideas and processes, in addition to organising their working week, based on the needs of their projects and teams.
You will work with cutting edge technology and have the opportunity for continuous peer to peer learning.