Geoscience Team Leader
- Llandudno, UK
CGG (www.cgg.com) is a global geoscience technology leader. Employing around 3,700 people worldwide, CGG provides a comprehensive range of data, products, services and solutions that support our clients to more efficiently and responsibly solve complex natural resource, environmental and infrastructure challenges.
Our Geology & Engineering experts provide valuable insight for natural resource exploration and development and support our clients’ geothermal, CCUS and environmental Energy Transition programs.
Working as part of the wider Geological Analysis (GA) Leadership Team, you will be responsible for leading and developing a smaller team of skilled geoscientists on exciting geological projects. Having successfully managed projects previously, the successful Geoscience Team Leader (GTL) will support and guide project managers and teams, ensuring a high technical standard whilst maintaining a strong client relationship.
We are looking for an individual who will enjoy using their prior leadership, project management, technical and problem solving skills to meet the challenges that our clients have, and will continuously seek to improve our technology, solutions and insights.
Supporting the Technical Head, you will be responsible for promoting a culture of technical excellence within projects and research & development. You’ll lead a small team of subject matter experts and must be able to encourage integration between numerous disciplines, pushing scientific boundaries through CGG workflows. This should be achieved with open encouragement of new ideas and ‘growth mindset’ collaborative discussions within the team(s). As a result, the GTL and project teams will aim to exceed client expectations. You may also use your technical expertise to work on projects.
You will be responsible for your own, and your team’s development, both technically and professionally. This includes coaching & mentoring of team members in regular 1-1’s, alongside CGG’s Performance Management System.
Client Engagement & Business Development Support
Our clients are our partners, and you will build and develop good client relationships through projects, marketing, conferences and other opportunities. You should also expect to support other groups such as sales, marketing, and business development when needed.
- Technical excellence: a strong background in a geological discipline (Sedimentology, Geochemistry, Stratigraphy) and able to integrate across geology, geophysics and / or petrophysics.
- Project Management experience: successful project execution and team management experience
- Presentation skills: able to prepare and deliver high quality, professional presentations
- Mentoring and coaching: experience developing and supporting team members
- Proactive self-starter: ability to work collaboratively with others
- Communication: clear and empathetic communicator
- Business awareness: identifying and exploring business opportunities, aligned with fulfilling business goals
- Significant industry experience
- Discipline expertise in reservoir geology
- Experience working integrated projects across the E&P lifecycle.
Why choose CGG?
Learning and Development
Our culture of learning and complementary approach to supported or self-guided career development, enables the design of tailored courses to suit specific needs of each individual to aid personal growth in areas related to technical, commercial and personal skills, via an extensive suite of CGG developed courses, managed through our own CGG University platform.
- Competitive starting salary
- Highly attractive bonus scheme
- Relocation assistance programme
- Flexible Private Medical & Dental care programmes, tailored to suit individual or family needs
- Employee Assistance Programme to support our staff
- Initially 22 days holiday with future increases plus UK bank holidays, complemented by a flexible holiday program
We Care about our Staff and Environment
We recognise the importance of work life balance for our employees, which is supported through our flexible working and relaxed dress code policies.
We recognise and actively support the wellbeing of our staff through many different initiatives;
- Onsite Exercise classes, almost every day of the week and promoting active lifestyles
- Our restaurant, offering great food and a highly effective social and work space
- Regular social club events, spontaneous reward events throughout the year
- Many discounts schemes, including Gym membership and a cycle purchase scheme
We encourage and actively support a strong sense of community, through volunteering and various company initiatives, as well as a strong company commitment to protecting our environment through sustainable solutions, energy saving and waste reduction enterprises.