Software Engineer (web)
- Crawley, UK
CGG (www.cgg.com) is a global geoscience technology leader. Employing around 3,700 people worldwide, CGG provides a comprehensive range of data, products, services and solutions that support our clients to more efficiently and responsibly solve complex natural resource, environmental and infrastructure challenges. CGG is listed on the Euronext Paris SA (ISIN: 0013181864).
We are looking for enthusiastic and talented individuals to join our largest European centre, based in the South-East England, which employees in excess of 350 staff, operating across a diverse global market with high profile European and International customers.
As a Web software developer, you’ll play a vital role in the support, enhancement and on-going development of a large variety of cutting edge web applications and productivity tools. In this high impact role, emphasis for this position will be on server-sided coding with significant involvement in front-end design. As an integral member of our global web development team, we highly encourage the contribution of ideas and drive in the generation and delivery of new concepts, through collaboration with colleagues and our business functions to improve product design.
Educated to a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PHD degree level in any of the following disciplines;
- Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Data Science, or related Computing degree/subjects
Key Skills & Competencies
- A passion for programming, technology and enthusiasm for analytical and problem solving challenges
- Possess knowledge of 12-factor App design, systems, servers, storages, security, networking, monitoring, alerting, ETL, etc.
- Familiar with Debian Linux administration.
- Proficiency to design, build, test and support innovative web-based applications
- The ability to define and manage project deadlines
- The ability to balance workloads across a wide variety of projects
- To keep all stakeholders regularly informed on progress
- To innovate and have fun through collaboration and generation of ideas which lead to software performance and user interface improvements or delivery of new concepts
- To communicate effectively with end users from a wide variety of business functions
- An enthusiastic attitude towards learning and flexibility to adapt to new challenges or changes in direction
Experience in the following products and technologies would be an advantage:
- Experienced in containerization (kubernetes, docker), microservices, database (MySQL, clickhouse, redis, Elasticsearch) and typical middleware (Kafka, Nginx)
- Familiar with Debian Linux distributed system and storage
- Experienced in implementing a wide variety of open source and cloud-native technologies
- Experienced in implementing GitOps/DevOps/DevSecOps in infrastructure/code management solution
- Experienced with building and setting up reliable Gitlab CI/CD pipelines
- Multi-cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP), Hybrid/Private Cloud, Data Engineering (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, TensorFlow, Airflow)
Learning and Development
Our culture of learning and complementary approach to supported or self-guided career development, enables the design of tailored courses to suit specific needs of each individual to aid personal growth in areas related to technical, commercial and personal skills, via an extensive suite of CGG developed courses, managed through our own CGG Learning hub.
We have great Benefits
As well as a competitive salary and bonus scheme, CGG has flexible holiday allowance, pension scheme, private healthcare & dental and financial wellbeing assistance, among many other local discounts and incentives.