Machine Learning Engineer Internship (6 months) 2022
- Crawley, UK
CGG (www.cgg.com) is a global geoscience technology leader. Employing around 3,700 people worldwide, CGG provides a comprehensive range of data, products, services and solutions that support our clients to more efficiently and responsibly solve complex natural resource, environmental and infrastructure challenges. CGG is listed on the Euronext Paris SA (ISIN: 0013181864).
Become Part of our Team
We are looking for experienced and talented individuals to join our largest European centre, based in South-East England, operating across a diverse global market with high profile international customers.
As a Machine Learning Engineer, you’ll play a vital role in the continual development of our processing and imaging techniques. You will work closely with researchers, the software development group and the scientists in our seismic imaging teams to implement deep learning solutions.
You will be working with our Geoscientists to validate the potential opportunities for machine learning techniques, prepare data for training and testing, designing the model, training the model and deploying in production.
As an integral member of our imaging team, we highly encourage the contribution of ideas and drive in the generation of new concepts, to maintain our outstanding leadership position for technology and service delivery in the market place.
You are likely to be working towards a PHD degree or have completed an MSc in any of the following disciplines but a combination of education and experience will be considered;
- Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or similar.
Key Skills & Competencies
- A passion and aptitude for programming, technology and enthusiasm for analytical and problem solving challenges
- Strong experience in developing and debugging in Python and preferably at least one of other main languages (C/C++/ java)
- Proven experience with deep learning frameworks and usage of DL libraries (TensorFlow/Pytorch)
- Proficiency to design, build, test and support innovative solutions
- The ability to define and manage project deadlines
- The ability to balance workloads across a wide variety of projects
- To keep all stakeholders regularly informed on progress
- To innovate and have fun through collaboration and generation of ideas which lead to enhancements of our workflows
- An enthusiastic attitude towards learning and flexibility to adapt to new challenges or changes in direction
Please include a cover letter with your application.
Learning and Development
Our culture of learning and complementary approach to supported or self-guided career development, enables the design of tailored courses to suit specific needs of each individual to aid personal growth in areas related to technical, commercial and personal skills, via an extensive suite of CGG developed courses, managed through our own CGG Learning hub.
We have great Benefits
As well as a competitive salary and bonus scheme, CGG has flexible holiday allowance, pension scheme, private healthcare & dental and financial wellbeing assistance, among many other local discounts and incentives.