Graduate Imaging Scientist / Geophysicist – 2022 Graduate Programme
- Crawley, UK
CGG (www.cgg.com) is a global geoscience technology leader. Employing around 3,700 people worldwide, CGG provides a comprehensive range of data, products, services and solutions that support our clients to more efficiently and sustainably solve complex natural resource, environmental and infrastructure challenges. CGG is listed on the Euronext Paris SA (ISIN: 0013181864).
Do you want to use Physics to solve real world problems?
The world beneath our feet is both incredibly complex and the source of the natural resources fundamental to the functioning of our society. We use the latest signal processing, modelling and imaging techniques and among the most advanced compute facilities in the world to build high-resolution 3D images and models of subsurface structure and rock properties for our clients.
Our geophysicists come from a wide range of academic backgrounds including mathematics, physics & astronomy, engineering and geophysics; so no prior knowledge of geophysics or geology is expected or required.
We operate a team-based structure with each team focusing on one or two client-facing projects with their unique geophysical and commercial challenges. We are looking for individuals who will enjoy using their problem solving skills to meet the challenges our clients have and will continuously seek to improve our technology.
What skills will you develop as a geophysicist?
- Technical expertise in the field of signal processing, modelling and imaging; and wider awareness of the field of geoscience and data science
- Building and maintaining long-term client relationships through service excellence
- Management of complex technical projects with multiple short and long-term deadlines
- Effective communication and collaboration with team members and clients
- Cultural awareness through training and interaction with our globally diverse clients and teams
- Leadership and management skills enabling you to contribute to the development of others and take the company forward
Integrated or postgraduate Masters or PhD in any of the following disciplines: Geophysics, Mathematics, Physics, Astrophysics/Astronomy, Natural Sciences with a Physics specialisation.
Please note this role is open only to students graduating in 2022. Please include a cover letter with your application. Note we do not accept re-applications.
What do we look for during the application process?
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Technical knowledge in an area of applied mathematics or physics
- Enthusiastic attitude towards learning and passion for your subject
- The technical agility to adapt your existing knowledge to a new field
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts
- Evidence of leadership, teamwork or customer service either from involvement in university societies/extracurricular activities, volunteering and/or work experience/internships.
Our graduate intake for 2022 will be in late summer/early autumn. We will discuss start dates when we make our offer.
- Salary starting from £33,000 p.a.
- Highly attractive bonus scheme
- Initial 22 days annual leave with future increases, complemented by a flexible buying and selling holiday program
- Company contributory pension plan
- Accommodation assistance program
- Flexible Private Medical & Dental care tailored to suit individual or family needs
- Employee Assistance Program to support our staff
Learning and Development
Our culture of learning and complementary approach to supported or self-guided career development, enables the design of tailored courses to suit specific needs of each individual to aid personal growth in areas related to technical, commercial and personal skills, via an extensive suite of CGG developed courses, managed through our own CGG Learning hub.