Technology Marketing Geoscientist
- Flexible Location, OTHER
- Employees can work remotely
CGG is a pioneering Technology Company providing world class fully integrated Geoscience services within the global Energy sector. Created in 1931, our history tells the story of a profession conducted with passion and of an adventure stretching across five continents. We employ in excess of 4,000 people worldwide, who bring a unique blend of talent and energy through working together to deliver unrivalled innovative solutions to our customers.
Through our cutting-edge Technology in Geoscience and customer focus, we have achieved outstanding leadership with a strong focus on innovation and a commitment to delivering the best sustainable solutions to our clients' energy challenges.
We bring our clients a unique range of technologies and services, designed to generate stunning 3D images, geological data and remote sensing information of the Earth’s surface and subsurface structures.
Become part of our team
We are looking for a talented individual to join our team as Technology Marketing Geoscientist and contribute to the development and delivery of marketing campaigns for CGG products and services, with a focus on providing insightful and impactful technical marketing content across multiple channels.
This is a unique opportunity to build upon CGG’s 90-year story, the work of its people and the technologies they develop and help set the standards of CGG technical communications and marketing campaigns.
Reporting to the Group Marketing Director, you will be working with a network of worldwide stakeholders from the Geoscience and Multi-Client Business Activities, including Energy Transition and Environmental Science to create impactful marketing content and manage marketing projects. You will also work closely with the wider communication team to ensure a coherent and integrated approach to marketing across different channels and tactics. In particular, you will coordinate with our:
- Business Communications Manager to design impactful messaging
- Digital Marketing Manager and Social Media Manager to deliver effective digital campaigns
- Media Relations Manager to create and review technical articles, and ensure the quality of our technical publications
- Internal Communications Manager, to ensure that technology is well represented in internal news stories, discussions and is clearly communicated
The main objectives of the role are to:
- Improve the effectiveness of the product launches and marketing campaigns
- Advance the usage of digital marketing tactics for products and services
- Improve the standard of CGG technical communications
- Increase the volume of technical content in our internal / external print and digital communications.
- Plan marketing campaigns with stakeholders, with a focus on digital marketing tactics
- Develop technical marketing content, messaging and positioning to support marketing campaigns
- Act as a focal point for day-to-day technology marketing requests
- Provide support for the CGG technical author community; promote technical writing best-practice
- Provide support to digital communication team channel managers, internal and external, to ensure content is effective across all communication platforms
- Keep up to date with industry technology trends to ensure effective communication and positioning of CGG technology in marketing content.
The role may require occasional travel to facilitate networking and relationship building with CGG stakeholders and communications team. There will also be opportunities for travel to industry tradeshows and events to provide on-site support, or for training, but this is not mandatory.
Key Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum MSc in a geoscience-related discipline
- At least 5 years’ experience in a geoscience technical discipline or related technical communications (geophysics, geology, earth observation and environmental science)
- Good understanding of CGG’s geoscience technology portfolio
- Good understanding of marketing principles
- Strong understanding & proactiveness to keep up to date with the latest digital marketing technologies and practices
- Experience working with global and culturally-diverse teams
- Strong communications skills including a high standard of technical writing (in English)
- Ability to clearly communicate technology benefits to a broad audience in an impactful and engaging way
- Good project management skills: balancing the needs of short and long-term projects, whilst working to strict deadlines
- Strong knowledge of geoscience technology and applications, including the energy and natural resource, infrastructure and environmental segments
- Strong competency with digital marketing technologies
- Good interpersonal skills: working effectively with diverse stakeholders, influencing and building consensus around a shared goal, mentoring peers to grow teams’ competencies
- Strong customer service ethic
- Proactive, flexible and collaborative attitude
Why work at CGG?
- Highly intelligent and motivated coworkers who are leaders in the energy industry
- Energetic and challenging-yet-fun work environment, full of exciting imaging problems to be solved and technologies to be developed
- Excellent training and mentorship programs
- Full health benefits and generous pension scheme employer-matching
- Work life balance: flexible working and relaxed dress code policies
- Well-being: Onsite gyms, exercise classes, breakrooms and promoting active lifestyles.
- Our restaurants: offering great food and a highly effective and social workspace
- A strong sense of community & responsibility: through volunteering and various company initiatives as well as a strong company commitment to protecting our environment through sustainable solutions, energy saving and waste reduction enterprises
- Last but not least, we take care of our biggest asset – our people!