Seismic Imaging Geophysicist
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
CGG (www.cgg.com) is a global geoscience technology leader. Employing around 3,700 people worldwide, CGG provides a comprehensive range of data, products, services and solutions that support our clients to more efficiently and responsibly solve complex natural resource, environmental and infrastructure challenges.
Our geoscience solutions mobilize the expertise and ingenuity of our exceptional geoscientists, data scientists, researchers and engineers, and leverage the latest data analytics, machine learning and AI technologies to deliver new insights and innovations that enable our clients to achieve their business and energy transition goals in new, more sustainable ways.
We offer a comprehensive portfolio of multi-disciplinary, multi-client products including analytics-ready geoscience data and the industry’s most technologically advanced seismic data library in the world’s key locations.
Sercel is the world leader in seismic acquisition equipment, designing and manufacturing high-tech solutions for subsurface exploration as well as structural health monitoring, defense and underwater acoustics applications.
With CGG’s Subsurface Imaging team, you will learn to use wavelet processing, velocity modeling and seismic imaging techniques to create accurate 3D images of the earth’s subsurface. You will learn to experiment with various geophysical concepts using state-of-the-art seismic imaging software and high-performance computing applications to ensure a high-quality product.
Working as part of a team, emphasis will be on taking ownership of assigned tasks, managing day-to-day operations of large and complex projects, providing optimal quality control, identifying problems, and defining ideal solutions. Our Imaging personnel also work closely with our Research and Software Development team to develop new innovative solutions.
- Malaysian citizens with zero to one year working experience
- Preference will be given to post-graduates holding PhD, or M.Sc. degree
- B.Sc. degree holders may also apply
- Disciplines: Mathematics, Physics, Electrical (or Electronics) Engineering, and Geoscience (Geophysics /Geology)
- A team player; with skills in time management, attention to detail and adaptability
- Positivity, curiosity and innovative spirit are key success factors in this role
What do you need to demonstrate during the application process?
- Analytical and logical approach to problem solving
- Strong mathematical concepts and innovative mindset
- Passion for your subject
- Technical agility to adapt your existing knowledge to a new field
- Ability to effectively communicate
- Ability to take ownership
Why work at CGG?
- Highly intelligent and motivated coworkers who are industry leaders in seismic imaging
- Energetic and challenging-yet-fun work environment, full of imaging problems to be solved and technologies to be developed
- Excellent training and mentorship programs
- Competitive compensation and performance-based bonus program
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits comprised of fitness, medical and insurance coverage
- Continuous Sustainable Development and Social Responsibility programs
- Year-round employee engagement activities
- We take care of our biggest asset – our people!