Python Data Scientist
- Edenbridge TN8, UK
CGG (www.cgg.com) is a global geoscience technology leader. Employing around 3,700 people worldwide, CGG provides a comprehensive range of data, products, services and solutions that support our clients to achieve their business and transition goals. We combine human ingenuity and new technology to understand and solve the world’s natural resource, environmental and infrastructure challenges. Our unique perspective uncovers new ways for our clients to be more efficient and responsible, for a more sustainable future.
We harness the unique capabilities of satellite imagery to deliver impartial and expert intelligence for the Energy, Mining, Engineering, Environment and Defense sectors.
The employee will join CGG’s Satellite Mapping team, part of CGG’s Energy Transition & Environment business line, based in Edenbridge, UK. CGG is a world leading supplier of satellite imagery and value added solutions. With strong relationships with commercial satellite operators around the world since the 1970s, CGG is an independent supplier of satellite imagery, providing impartial advice to clients.
The Satellite Mapping team’s client base is global and has historically predominantly been within the oil & gas sector, however they provide imagery and services into a diverse range of other markets including mining, engineering, environment and defence.
The employee will support the business in growing production and development across a wide range of satellite-derived value-add solutions.
The successful candidate will work as part of a team responsible for development and maintenance of systems and tools for large-scale satellite data processing as well as supporting in wider GIS projects and tasks.
We are seeking a candidate who has excellent communication skills, is able to interact and work well with the direct team as well as across disciplines. Has the ability to work independently when required, and is an innovative thinker who has the ability to take initiative and communicate well to solve problems and find the best solutions.
The successful candidate will have 0-5 years’ industry experience.
A strong understanding and knowledge of Python as well as data science and machine learning.
It would also be desirable to have knowledge of the below:
- PyTorch, particularly convolutional neural networks
- Data science Python libraries e.g. Dask, Numpy, Pandas, Scikit-Learn, Xarray
- Geospatial data formats e.g ESRI Shapefiles, GeoTiff
- Git, CI/CD, containers, Kubernetes
Our culture of learning and complementary approach to supported or self-guided career development, enables the design of tailored courses to suit specific needs of each individual to aid personal growth in areas related to technical, commercial and personal skills, via an extensive suite of CGG developed courses, managed through our own CGG Learning Hub.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Highly attractive bonus scheme
- Initially 22 days holiday with future increases, complemented by a flexible buying and selling holiday program
- Company contributory pension plan
- Accommodation assistance program
- Flexible Private Medical & Dental care programs, tailored to suit individual or family needs
- Employee Assistance Program to support our staff
We Care about our Staff and Environment
We recognise the importance of work life balance for our employees, which is supported through our flexible working and relaxed dress code policies.
We recognise and actively support the wellbeing of our staff through many different initiatives;
- Onsite exercise opportunities and promotion of active lifestyles
- Recently refurbished kitchen facilities
- Regular social club events, spontaneous reward events throughout the year
- Many discounts schemes, including Gym membership and a cycle purchase scheme
We encourage and actively support a strong sense of community, through volunteering and various company initiatives, as well as a strong company commitment to protecting our environment through sustainable solutions, energy saving and waste reduction enterprises.