Machine Learning Engineer/ Researcher - 2021 Programme
- Crawley, UK
Become Part of our Team
We are looking for experienced and talented individuals to join our largest European centre, based in South-East England, operating across a diverse global market with high profile international customers.
As a Machine Learning engineer, you’ll play a vital role in the continual development of our geoscience analytic techniques. You will work closely with researchers, the software development group and the scientists in our geoscience teams to implement machine learning and deep learning solutions. You will be working with our Geoscientists to validate the potential opportunities for machine learning techniques, prepare data for training and testing, designing the model, training the model and deploying in production. As an integral member of our team, we highly encourage the contribution of ideas and drive in the generation of new concepts, to maintain our outstanding leadership position for technology and service delivery in the market place.
You are likely to be educated to a PHD degree level in any of the following disciplines but a combination of education and experience will be considered; Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or similar.
Key Skills & Competencies
- A passion and aptitude for programming, technology and enthusiasm for analytical and problem solving challenges
- Strong experience in developing and debugging in Python and preferably at least one of other main languages (C/C++/ java)
- Proven experience with deep learning frameworks and usage of DL libraries (TensorFlow/Pytorch)
- Proficiency to design, build, test and support innovative solutions
- The ability to define and manage project deadlines
- The ability to balance workloads across a wide variety of projects
- To keep all stakeholders regularly informed on progress
- To innovate and have fun through collaboration and generation of ideas which lead to enhancements of our workflows
- An enthusiastic attitude towards learning and flexibility to adapt to new challenges or changes in direction
We ask that you submit a CV and Covering Lettering as part of your application.
Learning and Development
Our culture of learning and complementary approach to supported or self-guided career development, enables the design of tailored courses to suit specific needs of each individual to aid personal growth in areas related to technical, commercial and personal skills, via an extensive suite of CGG developed courses, managed through our own CGG University platform.
- Competative starting salary.
- Highly attractive bonus scheme
- Initially 22 days holiday with future increases, complemented by a flexible buying and selling holiday program
- Company contributory pension plan
- Accommodation assistance program
- Flexible Private Medical & Dental care programs, tailored to suit individual or family needs
- Employee Assistance Program to support our staff
We Care about our Staff and Environment
We recognise the importance of work life balance for our employees, which is supported through our flexible working and relaxed dress code policies.
We recognise and actively support the wellbeing of our staff through many different initiatives;
Onsite exercise classes and promoting active lifestyles
Our restaurant, offering great food and a highly effective social and work space
Regular social club events, spontaneous reward events throughout the year
Many discounts schemes, including Gym membership and a cycle purchase scheme
We encourage and actively support a strong sense of community, through volunteering and various company initiatives, as well as a strong company commitment to protecting our environment through sustainable solutions, energy saving and waste reduction enterprises.