Business Analyst Enterprise Modelling Tool coordination (FAP-BC-DZN-2023-97-GRAP)
At CERNs Business Computing Group (FAP-BC), we are dedicated to fostering a culture of continuous improvement and innovation. To further enhance our operational capabilities and support our architecture management, we have implemented an Enterprise Modeling Tool (EMT).
We are seeking a skilled and driven Business Analyst to act as EMT Coordinator to play a key role in maximising the value of this tool for our organisation.
In this role, you will:
- drive and promote the Adoption of the Enterprise Modelling Tool;
- work closely with stakeholders from various sections, listen to their needs and advise on how to fulfil them with the help of the EMT;
- coordinate the relationship with the EMT vendor within the daily business;
- monitor and further develop the EMT governance model together with the group's design and architecture teams to allow a sustainable long-term growth;
- create templates and guidelines that reflect industry best practices while considering the unique aspects of our organisation to serve as a reference to ensure efficient and consistent modelling practices for all EMT users;
- develop and maintain comprehensive tutorials and ongoing support to EMT users at all levels, addressing their questions, offering guidance, and ensuring that they feel comfortable and empowered in utilizing the tool's functionalities;
- create new and refactor existing content in the group's EMT (e.g. all kind of objects intended to be used in process or architecture models, business process models, application landscape content, etc.).
- contribute to business analysis projects, analyzing and identifying process improvements.
Skills and/or knowledge
- Experience as a user of an Enterprise Modelling Tool within an organization;
- Strong understanding of business modelling concepts and the ability to translate requirements into practical solutions;
- Proficiency in developing templates, guidelines, and training materials;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively engage, drive and train users at all levels of the organization;
- Analytical mindset with the ability to gather, analyze, and interpret data for actionable insights;
- Proactive problem-solving skills, with the ability to address technical challenges and provide effective solutions;
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines;
- Experience in writing scripts using .NET (C# or VB) would be an advantage.
- Fluent in English, the ability to work in French would be an advantage.
- You are a national of a CERN Member or Associate Member State.
- You have a professional background in Software Engineering, Business Analysis (or a related field) and have either:
- a Master's degree with 2 to 6 years of post-graduation professional experience;
- or a PhD with no more than 3 years of post-graduation professional experience.
- You have never had a fellow or graduate contract before.
Job closing date: 21.09.2023 at 12:00 AM (midnight) CET.
Job reference: FAP-BC-DZN-2023-97-GRAP
Contract duration: 24 months, with a possible extension up to 36 months maximum.
Target start date: 01-November-2023
What we offer
- A monthly stipend ranging between 6194 and 6808 Swiss Francs per month (net of tax).
- Coverage by CERN's comprehensive health scheme (for yourself, your spouse and children), and membership of the CERN Pension Fund.
- Depending on your individual circumstances: installation grant; family, child and infant allowances; payment of travel expenses at the beginning and end of contract.
- 30 days of paid leave per year.
- On-the-job and formal training at CERN as well as in-house language courses for English and/or French.
At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter - fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature. Find out more on http://home.cern.
We are on a Quest. A Journey into discovery like no other. Bring your expertise to our unique work and develop your knowledge and skills at pace. Join world-class subject matter experts on unique projects, in a Quest for greater knowledge and deeper understanding.
Begin your CERN Quest. Take Part!
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success.