Pension Operations Compliance Officer (PF-OP-ATT-2023-114-LD)
At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter - fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature. Find out more on http://home.cern.
Great science needs great people! Are you an organised professional, skilled with numbers, detail-oriented and good at dealing with people? Seize this opportunity and contribute your skills to a team of three to provide support to Pension Fund’s Benefits Service! CERN, take part!
You will join:
- The CERN Pension Fund, whose purpose is to insure its members from the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) and the European Southern Observatory (ESO) and their families against the economic consequences of disability and old age of its members and of the death of its members and beneficiaries. The Fund currently has some 4,000 active members and 3,700 beneficiaries. Operating as a defined benefit capitalized scheme, the CERN Pension Fund's assets currently amount to approximately CHF 4.5 billion.
- The Accounting, Treasury and Transaction support section (ATT) who is responsible for the Fund’s financial reporting, treasury management and supporting the internally managed investment activities.
As a member of the team in the Accounting, Treasury and Transaction support section, you will be responsible for supporting and monitoring a wide range of fund’s operational activities including:
Investments operations - monitoring:
- Act as focal point for banks’ and brokers’ administrative and KYC (Know your Customer) requests.
- Assist in the preparation of private assets subscription documents and monitor cash flows for these assets.
- Monitor the reconciliation break-log (front-office vs. Custodian).
- Monitor unsettled trades on fixed-income and equities portfolios at Custodian level and liaise with the fund’s administrator and portfolio manager for resolution. Ensure smooth trade confirmation workflow for OTC trades.
- Monitor the Custodian KPIs and Service Level Agreement.
- Support the administration of our treasury module.
- Monitor and provide analysis with respect to the Fund’s events reporting.
- Support the testing of the Business Continuity Plan for the Operations Group.
- Update of the Fund’s risk management framework and Internal Control System.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience in the field of finance, risk, legal or a related field.
- Experience in investment operations monitoring and compliance documentation.
- Demonstrated experience of working with financial counterparties (banks, brokers etc.) and ideally including administration for onboarding funds (e.g. private equity/debt funds).
- Experience of reconciliation processes (front to back).
- Knowledge of financial markets and related instruments: in particular bonds and OTC trades
- Accounting control and analysis
- Use of office software packages: excel, Word
- Assessment of internal control and risk management practices
- Use of information management systems
- Demonstrating accountability: working conscientiously and reliably; delivering on promises. Taking responsibility for own actions and decisions.
- Communicating effectively: ensuring that information, procedures and decisions are appropriately documented. Listening actively to others and letting others speak. Providing others with timely information.
- Managing self: working well autonomously; taking on activities and tasks without prompting. Remaining objective, focussed and productive in a stressful environment; focusing on solutions rather than problems. Handling uncertainty and ambiguity calmly and effectively.
- Working in teams: building and maintaining constructive and effective work relationships. Working well in groups and readily fitting into a team; participating fully and taking an active role in team activities.
- Achieving results: delivering high quality work on time and fulfilling expectations. Having a structured and organised approach towards work; being able to set priorities and plan tasks with results in mind.
- Spoken and written English or French: ability to understand and speak the other language in routine situations, or the willingness to acquire knowledge of the other language.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than midnight CEST19th September 2023.
Contract type: Limited duration contract (5 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
Job reference: PF-OP-ATT-2023-114-LD
Benchmark Job Title: Financial Support Officer