Administrative assistant (EN-EL-2021-116-LD)
- Geneva, Switzerland
Great technology needs great people! Are you a self-motivated administrative assistant with strong organizational skills and customer-service oriented? Join the Electrical Engineering Group in the Engineering (EN) department and provide a seamless administrative assistance service to the Group and the Group Leader. CERN, take part!
The Engineering Department (EN) pushes forward the limits of technology so that physicists can carry out their research. The Electrical Engineering Group (EL) is responsible for the management and operation of the CERN electrical transmission and distribution network from 400 kilovolts to 400/230 volts, as well as for the optical fibre network. Its main missions are to operate, maintain, consolidate and upgrade these networks.
As Administrative Assistant in the Electrical Engineering Group, you will participate in the daily management of a Group Secretariat with special emphasis on information, communication and organizational services.
- Welcome members of the personnel upon their arrival at CERN.
- Provide information and ensuring application of the Organization’s rules and procedures.
- Process confidential information in the form of e-mails, letters, procedures, presentations.
- Seek and receive official information, provide assistance for document drafting, translations, edit, proofread, follow-up, distribute, archive and update by using the appropriate tools.
- Provide personal assistance to the group leader (management of the agenda, support for administrative matters, data collection and pre-analysis, minutes preparation, follow-up of actions, meetings organization and logistics).
- Assist the group members as required.
- Organise official duty trips and events (conferences, workshops, etc.).
- Take care of the group website content management.
- Replace other assistants during their absences.
Higher administrative diploma or equivalent relevant experience in the field of administration or a related field.
- Proven experience as a personal assistant in an international or industrial environment.
- Demonstrated experience in multi-tasking as first line administrative support.
- Demonstrated experience in the interpretation and application of rules and procedures.
- Proven experience in using a diverse set of office computing tools and in maintaining and archiving data and documents.
- Demonstrated experience in proof reading of technical papers.
- Customer service
- Text editing and proof-reading
- Knowledge of administrative rules and procedures
- Use of office software packages: in particular, MS Office, web page editors and archiving tools.
- Demonstrating Accountability: working conscientiously and reliably; delivering on promises Maintaining confidentiality
- Achieving Results: having a structured and organised approach towards work; being able to set priorities and plan tasks with results in mind
- Communicating Effectively: providing others with timely information
- Working in Teams: building and maintaining constructive and effective work relationships
- Managing Self: working well autonomously; taking on activities and tasks without prompting
Spoken and written English and French: ability to understand and speak both languages in professional contexts as well as the ability to prepare / draft / proofread and / or accurately translate texts in both languages.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 22.11.2021.
Contract type: Limited duration contract (5 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
Job grade: 3-4
Job reference: EN-EL-2021-116-LD
Benchmark Job Title: Personal/Team Assistant