Internal Auditor (DG-IA-2021-6-LD)
- Geneva, Switzerland
Are you a qualified internal auditor with several years of experience in internal/external auditing?
The Internal Auditor’s position is an exciting and challenging opportunity for a dynamic audit professional who seeks to build on their existing experience through in-depth exposure to a broad and unique audit universe in a fast-paced international environment. Join CERN’s Internal Audit Service and contribute to its mission to enhance and protect organizational value by providing risk-based, objective assurance and advice to help CERN accomplish its objectives. CERN, take part!
As a member of the internal audit team, you will:
- Participate in the establishment of the annual internal audit plan based on risk assessments;
- Perform audits independently, in accordance with the annual internal audit plan;
- Provide specialized expertise on governance, risk management, processes and internal control;
- Produce internal audit reports and issue recommendations to the audited departments and obtain Management’s approval of the recommendations;
- Follow up on internal audit recommendations and agreed Management actions;
- Advise Departments/services on improvements to processes, upon request;
- Carry out investigations of alleged fraud whenever required;
- Act as a facilitator for the External Auditors of the Organization;
- Manage or contribute to other projects in the field of internal audit.
Master's degree or equivalent relevant experience in the field of auditing, accounting, finance or economics or a related field.
Relevant certifications such as ACCA/CIA/CFE would be highly advantageous.
- Demonstrated experience in financial, compliance or performance auditing, using a professional audit methodology;
- Good business acumen demonstrated in an international environment;
- Experience in fraud investigation would be an asset;
- Data analytics and related tools would be an asset.
- Assessment of internal control, risk management and governance processes
- Risks assessment for auditing purposes
- Performance and financial auditing:
- Compliance auditing;
- Forensic auditing.
- Demonstrating accountability: presenting information accurately and objectively; treating others fairly and equally; working conscientiously and reliably; delivering on promises.
- Learning and sharing knowledge: proposing ways to improve or streamline existing procedures, processes and methodologies; using knowledge sharing systems and technology.
- Communicating effectively: checking to ensure that the message has been well understood; listening actively to others and letting others speak.
- Working in the interest of the Organization: behaving consistently with CERN's values and goals; voicing support for the Organization and its goals; talking about CERN in a positive way.
- Solving problems: assimilating large quantities of information, identifying key issues and formulating conclusions clearly and concisely; finding the information needed to solve problems; making objective judgments based on all the facts available.
- Spoken and written English: ability to speak in professional contexts as well as the ability to draft texts for publications and/or official communications and to make oral presentations.
- Ability to understand and speak French in a professional context.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 28.06.2021 at 12:00 PM CET.
Contract type: Limited duration contract (5 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
Job grade: 6-7
Job reference: DG-IA-2021-6-LD
Benchmark Job Title: Internal Auditor