Alumni Relations Support Officer (IR-DS-AR-2021-32-LD)
- Geneva, Switzerland
Join a small and dynamic team to develop and strengthen the vibrant CERN Alumni Network. Launched in 2017, the Network has three main objectives:
- To provide an institutional link to the Organization and its people as well as to demonstrate the positive impact on society of a professional experience at CERN;
- To leverage the support of CERN Alumni ambassadors for CERN’s and its Collaborations’ mission and for fundamental research;
- To support early career physicists and engineers who might be considering a career outside of academia.
The successful candidate will support the Head of Alumni Relations in delivering the overall programme, including tasks such as: identifying, cultivating and stewarding alumni, organising events, creating compelling communications and producing analytics and reports on the Network and on alumni activities.
As Alumni Relations Support Officer in the Alumni team, you will:
- Identify, cultivate and steward members and potential members of the CERN Alumni Network.
- Promote the Network and its benefits via online social networking sites such as the alumni.cern platform, LinkedIn and other platforms, and contribute to developing new ways of leveraging alumni engagement.
- Establish, develop, and maintain effective relationships with a wide range of alumni, through regular communication via direct contact, the alumni.cern website, social media, phone, email, meetings and events.
- Produce and publish engaging and relevant content for alumni.cern and other channels, in different formats, including written, video and audio.
- Ensure an excellent user experience, providing timely support.
- Track and report on alumni.cern and social media metrics and analytics.
- Contribute to the development of a comprehensive alumni calendar of in-person and virtual activities and events.
- Maintain awareness of emerging technologies, best practices and tools, and engagement techniques to approach the relevant audience.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience in the field of communications, public relations, international relations, digital media and/or marketing or a related field. or a related field.
- Experience of community-building and fostering professional relationships with different stakeholders and constituencies within an international organisation.
- Experience of public relations and customer service, preferably in an international environment.
- Experience in several of the following fields: digital communications; social media campaigns; preparing fact sheets; newsletter editing; content creation (writing, presentations, audio-visual material); evaluation and monitoring of communications plans; web authoring).
- Experience of event organisation (planning, execution, follow-up).
- Experience in data analytics, and an understanding of organisational and administrative processes and systems.
- Experience working in website creation – experience with community management platforms an advantage.
- Stakeholder relationship management.
- Internal communications; such as, but not limited to social media channels, organisational newsletters.
- Event organisation and management.
- Use of office software packages; to produce reports, analytics and engagement metric.
- Achieving results: delivering prompt and efficient service taking into account customer needs.
- Communicating effectively: selecting the appropriate medium and forum to communicate.
- Working in teams: building and maintaining constructive and effective work relationships.
- Demonstrating flexibility: adapting quickly and resourcefully to shifting priorities and requirements being willing to work on different projects simultaneously.
- Working in the Interest of the Organization: behaving consistently with CERN's values and goals.
Excellent spoken and written English is essential. Proficiency in French would be an advantage, or the undertaking to acquire it rapidly.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 23.04.2021 at 12pm CET.
Contract type: Limited duration contract (5 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require:
- Work during nights, Sundays and official holidays, when required by the needs of the Organization.
Job grade: 4-5
Job reference: IR-DS-AR-2021-32-LD
Benchmark Job Title: Communications/Public Relations/External Relations Support Officer