Electrical Project Coordinator (EN-EL-EPM-2021-22-LD)
- Geneva, Switzerland
The Engineering Department (EN) pushes forward the limits of technology to provide innovative research tools to the worldwide physics and engineering community. Within the Electrical Engineering (EL) group of the EN department, you will join the Electrical Project Management Section (EPM), which is responsible for the management of projects related to the consolidation and upgrade of CERN’s electrical transmission and distribution network.
Are you an electrical technical engineer looking for a new challenge in projects ranging from high voltage networks to low voltage installations?
Then your skills could contribute to the management of the complex electrical transmission and distribution network of CERN, dedicated to a unique laboratory hosting some of the world’s most complex technical installations. Join CERN’s Electrical Engineering team. Take part!
You will be one of the technical engineers taking part in CERN’s electrical transmission and distribution projects for the future.
- Coordinate projects for the consolidation and extension of the existing electrical network, including also non-electrical activities such as civil engineering, cooling and ventilation, IT systems carried out by other groups at CERN.
- Identify requirements with stakeholders.
- Carry out conceptual design phase work, leading the development work needed to validate concepts up to the drafting of the conceptual design specifications and reports.
- Monitor the detailed design, with resources within CERN or with external companies.
- Technically supervise the execution of the project, from supply of material to onsite installation up to commissioning and handover to the operation and maintenance teams.
- Participate in the definition and management of scope, planning, budget, risks, opportunities, and report to the management on a regular basis.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience in the field of electrical engineering or a related field.
- Experience in coordinating and supervising technical electrical activities related to electrical substations or industrial installations, both high and low voltage.
- Contract management
- Organisation, planning and control: (Operational management, organisation, planning and control, including supervision of work.)
- Design, construction, test and commissioning of high voltage and low voltage electrical systems and networks.
- Demonstrated theoretical and practical knowledge of high voltage and low voltage equipment.
- Design of high voltage cables and connectors would be an asset.
- Managing Self: working well autonomously; taking on activities and tasks without prompting
- Solving Problems: assimilating large quantities of information, identifying key issues and formulating conclusions clearly and concisely. Identifying, defining and assessing problems, taking action to address them
- Achieving Results: delivering high quality work on time and fulfilling expectations
- Working in Teams: building and maintaining constructive and effective work relationships
- Communicating Effectively: listening actively to others and letting others speak
Spoken and written English and French: ability to understand and speak English in professional contexts and an undertaking to acquire the other language rapidly.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 15.03.2021 at 12:00 CET (midday).
Contract type: Limited duration contract (5 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require:
- Work in Radiation Areas.
- Interventions in underground installations.
- A valid driving licence is required.
- Work during nights, Sundays and official holidays, when required by the needs of the Organization.
- Shift work, when required by the needs of the Organization.
- Stand-by duty, when required by the needs of the Organization.
Job grade: 4-5
Job reference: EN-EL-EPM-2021-22-LD
Benchmark Job Title: Electrical Technical Engineer