Handling Equipment Engineer (EN-HE-HEM-2020-43-LD)
- Geneva, Switzerland
Do you have experience in the design, commissioning, operation and maintenance management of standard or customized transport and handling equipment such as forklifts, industrial trucks, straddle carriers or automatic guided vehicles (AGVs)? Would you like to help organising to maintain and consolidate all kind of transport and handling equipment in one of the biggest laboratory in Europe? Then take part and work alongside engineers, scientists, and various technical teams at CERN.
As Engineer in the Handling Equipment Management Section, you will take a leading role in the consolidation of the vehicles fleet, in the procurement of new transport and handling equipement ,which are of strategical importance for the operation of CERNs accelerator complex and its Experiments, including drafting market survey’s, specifications, setting up and managing supply contract(s). This will also include logistic studies to optimize the choice of transport, handling and storage solutions regarding CERNs future challenges.
- Specify, set up and manage supply contracts;
- Organize and follow-up the refurbishment and supply of transport and handling equipment;
- Ensure that the work performed complies with assembly drawings, priorities and deadlines;
- Organize, coordinate and supervise maintenance interventions;
- Set priorities and optimize maintenance and consolidation plans including schedule and supervise installation and repair works in collaboration with the services concerned;
- Plan modification of equipment based on return of experience from the users updating functional and technical specifications;
- Manage the documentation (technical files, equipment lists, etc.);
- Monitor the transport and handling equipment performance by using Computerized Maintenance Management Systems;
Master's degree or equivalent relevant experience in the field of mechanics, electro-mechanics, mechatronics.
Additional relevant operation licenses for forklifts, industrial trucks and mobile elevating working platforms is desirable.
The experience required for this post is:
- Demonstrated experience in the supply of transport and handling equipment such as forklifts, side-loaders, industrial trucks, straddle carriers:
- Experience in writing technical / functional specifications (customer side) or;
- Experience in analysis and quotation of technical / functional specifications (supplier side);
- Setting up and follow up of supply contracts;
- Performance and budget management of supply contracts.
- Desirable experience in automated guiding systems for transport vehicles
- Desirable experience in studying logistics implementation or optimization inside buildings.
- Design and construction of transport and handling equipment
- Definition and installation of transport systems
- Commissioning & maintenance of transport and handling equipment & systems;
- Organization, planning, and control: organization, coordination and follow up of installation and maintenance interventions in relation with site / building responsible and contractors;
- Use of office software packages: in particular MS Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Initial experience in the use of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems respectively Enterprise Asset Management Systems.
- Achieving results: having a structured and organized approach towards work; being able to set priorities and plan tasks with results in mind.
- Solving problems:
- Identifying, defining and assessing problems; taking action to address them;
- Recognizing what is essential; discriminating between important and peripheral information and being able to see the whole picture.
- Demonstrating flexibility:
- Adapting quickly and resourcefully to shifting priorities and requirements;
- Being able to deal with ambiguous and unpredictable situations.
- Working in teams:
- Contributing to promoting a positive atmosphere in the team through an optimistic and constructive attitude; addressing issues.
- Learning and Sharing knowledge:
- Proposes ways to improve or streamline existing procedures, processes and methodologies.
- Creates or participates in forums to exchange experience, compare techniques and learn from others.
Spoken and written English or French: ability to draw up technical texts in one of the two languages, as well as ability to understand and speak the other language in professional contexts.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 16/10/2020.
Contract type: Limited duration contract (5 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require:
- Work in Radiation Areas.
- Interventions in underground installations.
- A valid driving licence is required.
- Work during nights, Sundays and official holidays, when required by the needs of the Organization.
- Shift work, when required by the needs of the Organization.
- Stand-by duty, when required by the needs of the Organization.
Job grade: 6-7
Job reference: EN-HE-HEM-2020-43-LD
Benchmark Job Title: Electromechanical Engineer