Civil Engineering Design Office Technician (SMB-SE-TOD-2020-85-LD)
- Geneva, Switzerland
Are you an experienced civil engineering technician familiar with technical specifications and preliminary design studies? Would you like to be closely involved in a wide variety of projects? Join CERN's Site Engineering Group and put your skills to good use in a unique work context. Take part!
- Estimate costs for small- to large -scale work
- Draw up standard documents for price enquiries and invitations to tender
- Prepare feasibility studies (economic and environmental impact, etc.)
- Produce cost estimates for large-scale (or future) projects and check quantities
- Update and manage the catalogue of reference unit prices, including for framework contracts
- Manage CERN's archive of technical specifications
Higher technical diploma in the field of civil engineering or equivalent relevant experience or a related field.
- Significant experience in the design office of a civil engineering, architectural or construction firm.
- Excellent technical knowledge and practice of various civil engineering and architectural fields (knowledge of construction materials and techniques).
- Good experience in drawing up construction files and estimating costs.
- Regular practice of price estimates for the construction and renovation of buildings and for outdoor work.
- Knowledge and frequent practice of technical standards for construction work and structural design. Knowledge of Swiss and/or French regulations would be an advantage.
- Proven experience in the coordination of HVAC-EL services (Heating, Ventilation, Air Cooling and Electricity) in design building.
- Knowledge of building construction, consolidation and renovation for industrial and tertiary buildings, involving concrete, metallic, underground structure construction and road and drainage works construction.
- Design of industrial buildings: and tertiary buildings
- Knowledge of construction/civil engineering prices
- Design of road, excavation and drainage works
- Budgeting, forecasting, statistics
- Achieving Results: being rigorous and producing quality results at first attempt
- Managing Self: working well autonomously; taking on activities and tasks without prompting
- Working in Teams: building and maintaining constructive and effective work relationships
- Solving Problems: producing workable and timely solutions that meet requirements
Spoken and written English or French: ability to understand and speak the other language or the undertaking to acquire it rapidly.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 16.08.2020
Contract type: Limited duration contract (5 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require:
- Work in Radiation Areas.
- Interventions in underground installations.
- A valid driving licence is required.
Job grade: 3-4
Job reference: SMB-SE-TOD-2020-85-LD
Benchmark Job Title: Civil Engineering Technician