Legal Assistant (DG-LS-2019-127-LD)
- Geneva, Switzerland
Do you have proven first class administrative support skills? Are you a service-oriented professional who enjoys being part of a dynamic team? Are you experienced in working in a fast-paced environment, managing a wide variety of confidential matters with accuracy and discretion? CERN, take part!
As part of the Director-General Unit, the Legal Service protects the interests of the Organization in legal matters and ensures that its activities and decisions comply with the applicable legal framework.
As a Legal Assistant in the Legal Service, you will perform duties under the supervision of the Head of Service. In particular, working closely with your colleague in the Legal Service secretariat, you will:
- Provide personal assistance and administrative support to senior lawyers;
- Answer and/or direct queries and handle sensitive information appropriately;
- Ensure written communications from the Legal Service meet an appropriate standard;
- Prepare, compile, and/or perform final formatting and editing on files, documents and litigation briefs;
- Optimise the efficiency of the Legal Service processes;
- Maintain the Legal Service records;
- Follow up on CERN’s scientific agreements and manage the applicable database;
- Provide ad hoc administrative support as required for various internal CERN bodies.
Higher administrative diploma or equivalent relevant experience in the field of administration or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience as an administrative or editorial assistant in an international or multilingual environment.
- Experience as a legal assistant or paralegal, or in providing ad hoc translations, would be an advantage.
- Preparation and finalisation of an array of documents such as litigation files.
- Text editing and proof-reading.
- Secretarial work.
- Use of office software packages: experience with electronics document. management systems.
- Working in teams: building and maintaining constructive and effective work relationships.
- Demonstrating flexibility: adapting quickly and resourcefully to shifting priorities and requirements.
- Achieving results: delivering high quality work on time and fulfilling expectations.
- Communicating effectively: ensuring that information, procedures and decisions are appropriately documented.
- Managing self: working well autonomously; taking on activities and tasks without prompting.
- Spoken and written English and French: ability to understand and speak both languages in professional contexts as well as the ability to prepare and draft accurate texts in both languages.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 26.07.2020.
The preferred start date would be in October 2020, depending on the evolution of the pandemic.
Contract type: Limited duration contract (5 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
Job grade: 3-4
Job reference: DG-LS-2019-127-LD
Benchmark Job Title: Personal/Team Assistant