Occupational Health Nurse (HSE-OHS-ME-2020-38-LD)
- Geneva, Switzerland
Are you a qualified and proactive Occupational Health Nurse, willing to contribute to a unique working environment at the heart of one of the world's most complex and exciting scientific experiments? Then, this opportunity is for you - join the largest particle physics research laboratory in the world. CERN, take part!
The Occupational Health & Safety and Environmental Protection (HSE) Unit is the driving force behind CERN's Safety Policy. Within the Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) group of the Unit, you will join the Medical Service which provides all occupational medicine for CERN staff and supplies first aid. You will collaborate with a variety of people such as occupational health and safety specialists and emergency teams.
- Perform individual workplace assessments, mainly ergonomics and prevention of occupational hazards;
- Assist physicians during medical check-ups;
- Provide specific care relating to occupational medicine, such as complementary tests (ECGs, spirometry, hearing tests, eye tests, blood sampling, etc.);
- Dispense first aid, arrange appropriate treatment and orientation in collaboration with emergency services,
- Follow-up after accidents and illnesses to ease return to work;
- Participate in the administration of the medical service by handling appointments, data, special reports, etc.
- Develop awareness on occupational health by conducting training courses and by elaborating specific campaigns.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience in the field of nursing or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience of professional nursing
- Experience in the field of health and safety in the workplace
- Experience in occupational psychology would be an asset
- Occupational medicine
- Nursing care
- Emergency first aid
- Working in Teams: contributing to promoting a positive atmosphere in the team through an optimistic and constructive attitude; addressing issues
- Building Relationships: showing courtesy and consideration in dealings with others.
- Managing Self: working well autonomously; taking on activities and tasks without prompting Taking initiative beyond regular tasks and making things happen
- Demonstrating Flexibility: adapting quickly and resourcefully to shifting priorities and requirements
- Achieving Results: delivering prompt and efficient service taking into account customer needs
Spoken and written English or French: ability to draw up technical texts in one of the two languages, as well as ability to understand and speak the other language in professional contexts
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 26/04/2020.
Contract type: Limited duration contract (5 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require:
- Work in Radiation Areas.
- Interventions in underground installations.
- A valid driving licence is required.
- Work during nights, Sundays and official holidays, when required by the needs of the Organization.
Contract type: Limited duration contract (5 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite contract.
Job grade: 4-5
Job reference: HSE-OHS-ME-2020-38-LD
Benchmark Job Title: Nurse (Occupational Health)
Please make sure you have all the documents needed to hand as you start your application, as once it is submitted, you will not be able to upload any documents or edit your application further