Administrative Assistant (IPT-PI-IP-2020-57-LD)
- Geneva, Switzerland
Great science needs great people! Are you an administrative assistant with great communication and organisational skills, willing to deliver a high-quality customer service? CERN, take part!
CERN’s Procurement and Industrial Services (PI) Group is responsible for the procurement of all supplies and services required by the CERN Departments and Experiments. The Group also oversees contractual issues and provides advice on the sourcing strategies.
The Research, Computing and MICE Section is responsible for all orders, contracts, contract amendments and invitations to tender relating to research, computing, hotels and conferences. Supply contracts cover all contracts other than contracts for the provision of services. They include research and development contracts, maintenance and support contracts for data storage equipment, and license agreements.
As a versatile administrative assistant, you will:
- Provide administrative support for the follow-up of financial matters related to orders and payments of various nature;
- Create and maintain databases containing details of contractors and prospective suppliers;
- Follow up on the payment of suppliers' invoices;
- Provide administrative and secretarial services associated with scheduling and coordinating meetings and events in contact with relevant services inside and outside CERN;
- Maintain electronic documents, web pages, shared files and records to ensure that procurement process, decision, and contractual agreement are accurately documented;
- Make sure that CERN's different rules and procedures are respected and correctly applied in different situations.
Higher technical diploma or equivalent relevant experience in administrative or business processes in procurement or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience in a procurement service in an international environment.
- Familiarity with Qualiac would be an asset.
- Customer service.
- Use of office software packages.
- Knowledge of procurement principals and procedures.
- Working in teams: contributing to promoting a positive atmosphere in the team through an optimistic and constructive attitude; addressing issues.
- Communicating effectively: demonstrating a pro-active approach to resolving differences; addressing issues of conflict constructively; providing others with timely information.
- Demonstrating accountability: presenting information accurately and objectively; working conscientiously and reliably; delivering on promises; maintaining confidentiality.
- Managing self: working well autonomously; taking on activities and tasks without prompting.
- Spoken and written English or French: good knowledge of either English or French. Basic knowledge of the other language or an undertaking to acquire it rapidly.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 26.04.2020.
Contract type: Limited duration contract (5 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
Job grade: 3-4
Job reference: IPT-PI-IP-2020-57-LD
Benchmark Job Title: Personal/Team Assistant
Please make sure you have all the documents needed to hand as you start your application, as once it is submitted, you will not be able to upload any documents or edit your application further