Electronics Technician (TE-EPC-CCE-2019-134-LD)
- Geneva, Switzerland
Are you an electronics technician, with skills in electronics prototyping, development and design for a test? The power converter group is looking for an electronics technician to step up to the challenge in an environment like no other. Take Part!
You will join:
- Within the Technology Department (TE), the Electrical Power Converter Group (TE-EPC), responsible for power converters throughout the CERN accelerator complex;
- The Converter Controls Electronics Section (TE-EPC-CCE), which designs and realises the electronic control systems for CERNs power converters.
More information about the TE Department is here: http://te-dep.web.cern.ch/
As an electronics technician, you will become part of the Converter Controls Electronics section, working in a team to create electronic boards for power converter controls.
Your functions will be to:
- Design and prototype digital and analogue electronics used in power converter controls.
- Design, construction and operation of automated test equipment for electronic boards and entire electronic systems.
- Participate in the commissioning of control electronics in CERN accelerators complex.
- Take part in the on-call service.
Higher technical diploma in the field of electronics, mechatronics, or a related field.
- Proven experience in the design and prototyping of digital and simple analogue circuits.
- Demonstrated experience in designing electronics for test, and carrying out tests on electronics.
- Some experience with controls networks, such as Ethernet would be an advantage.
- Some experience with commissioning/hand-over of systems would be an advantage.
- Some experience in mechatronics design would be an advantage.
- Design and simulation of digital electronic circuits.
- Testing and measurement of digital electronic circuits.
- Assembly of electronic components: crates and racks.
- Knowledge of communication technologies and protocols: such as Ethernet and the related infrastructure would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of computer aided design tools for mechanical integration studies would be an advantage.
- Working in teams: working well in groups and readily fitting into a team; Participating fully and taking an active role in team activities; Contributing to promoting a positive atmosphere in the team through an optimistic and constructive attitude; addressing issues.
- Communicating effectively: ensuring that information, procedures and decisions are appropriately documented.
- Solving problems: producing workable and timely solutions that meet requirements; Identifying, defining and assessing problems, taking action to address them; Finding the information needed to solve problems; Making objective judgments based on all the facts available.
Spoken and written English or French: ability to understand and speak the other language or the undertaking to acquire it rapidly.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 15.02.2020.
Contract type: Limited duration contract (5 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require:
- Participation in a regular stand-by duty, including nights, Sundays and official holidays.
- Work in Radiation Areas.
- Residence in the immediate vicinity of the Organization's installations.
- Work during nights, Sundays and official holidays.
- Interventions in underground installations.
- A valid driving licence.
- Shift work, when required by the needs of the Organization.
Job grade: 3-4
Job reference: TE-EPC-CCE-2019-134-LD
Benchmark Job Title: Electronics Technician
Please make sure you have all the documents needed to hand as you start your application, as once it is submitted, you will not be able to upload any documents or edit your application further.