Communication and Marketing Officer (IPT-KT-2019-124-LD)
- Geneva, Switzerland
Are you a creative thinker with excellent communication skills, keen to work on knowledge transfer in one of the world’s largest scientific organisations? We are looking for a Communication and Marketing Officer to further CERN's mission! Take part!
You will join the Knowledge Transfer (KT) Group (kt.cern), which is in charge of identifying and realizing opportunities for CERN's know-how to be applied in fields other than particle physics, in order to maximize the impact of CERN technologies and expertise on society (in particular through industry).
As Communication and Marketing Officer in the Knowledge Transfer Group you will, amongst other tasks, be responsible of all communication related activities. In particular, you will:
- Participate in the elaboration and implementation of the KT communication strategy, geared in particular towards industry.
- Lead the IPT Department and the KT Group internal/external communication, marketing and campaigns, including digital and print content creation and event organization.
- Develop communication material (news items, annual reports, brochures, presentations newsletters, posters, etc.): this includes identifying the best distribution channels, collecting technical input, writing the content, developing the final graphic products.
- Identify and develop new tools for marketing of CERN technologies and know-how.
- Develop and maintain the KT websites and their content.
- Organize events related to KT activities.
Master's degree in a scientific/technological field, complemented by a degree in science communication and/or marketing or a related field.
- Experience in professional communication and/or marketing related to science, technology, industry, knowledge and technology transfer, entrepreneurial activities, B2B marketing, preferably in an international environment.
- Experience in science/technology writing for different audiences and stakeholders.
- Experience in the following fields: website design, content creation, audiovisual material and marketing material; developing communication plans; digital marketing; graphic design software; social media campaigns; evaluation and monitoring of communication and marketing plans; report writing; event organisation; public relations; public understanding of science.
- Strategic communications planning
- Science communications
- Drafting and writing of official documents
- Working in teams: building and maintaining constructive and effective work relationships.
- Communicating effectively: delivering presentations in a structured and clear way; adjusting style and content to the audience; responding calmly and confidently to questions.
- Learning and sharing knowledge: sharing knowledge and expertise freely and willingly with others; coaching others to ensure knowledge transfer.
- Demonstrating flexibility: demonstrating openness to new ideas and situations; adapting quickly and resourcefully to shifting priorities and requirements; readily accepting new tasks or work/projects.
- High proficiency in English: ability to understand and speak English in professional contexts as well as the ability to draft texts for publications and/ or official communications and to make oral presentations.
- The knowledge of the French language or the willingness to acquire this rapidly would be an advantage.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 05.01.2020.
Contract type: Limited duration contract (5 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
Job grade: 6-7
Job reference: IPT-KT-2019-124-LD
Benchmark Job Title: Communications/Public Relations /External Relations Professional
Please make sure you have all the documents needed to hand as you start your application, as once it is submitted, you will not be able to upload any documents or edit your application further