Configuration Manager (EN-ACE-CL-2019-111-LD)
- Geneva, Switzerland
Would you like to be a key player in the configuration management of CERN accelerators (about 60 km of equipment)? You would also be involved in the main accelerator projects, controlling, centralising and managing all the changes carried out in one of these facilities. Then join the CERN Configuration and Layout section as Configuration Manager!
The Engineering Department provides CERN with the Engineering Competences, Infrastructure Systems and Technical Coordination required for the design, installation, operation, maintenance and dismantling phases of the CERN accelerator complex and its experimental facilities.
Within the Configuration and Layout section, as Configuration Manager, you are responsible for the layout and configuration management of one (or more) of the CERN accelerators, guaranteeing the traceability of the equipment changes and the coherence between the different databases and engineering tools.
As configuration manager, you will be responsible for:
- The configuration database of different accelerators at CERN ensuring quality and updating information.
- Ensuring accuracy, and consistency of the Project & Facility Breakdown Structures in the Engineering document Management system (EDMS).
- Evaluating requests for technical changes, interacting with different stakeholders of the projects and equipment owners to provide required justification and documentation for formal review and approval.
- Ensuring conformity of the field modifications with the approved documents as well as the implementation of updates and synchronisation with various engineering and technical systems.
- Ensuring that drawings of electrical circuits and mechanical / magnetic components correspond to the accelerator layout.
- Ensuring that naming conventions and quality assurance rules are applied to the configuration items and contribute to the review of the naming conventions used in the Accelerators &Technology sector.
- As a member of the configuration team of the Accelerator & Technology Sector, reviewing the processes and tools used for accelerators configuration at CERN and participating in their sustainability.
Master's degree or equivalent relevant experience in the field of mechanical or electrical engineering or a related field.
- Experience in configuration management or project management.
- Experience in using CAD software (Autocad or Catia V5).
- Configuration and use of information management systems
- Organisation, planning and control
- Project management
- Production of 2D drawings and 3D models: in particular the use of CAD software, such as Autocad and/or CATIAv5
- Communicating Effectively: ensuring that information, procedures and decisions are appropriately documented Demonstrating a pro-active approach to resolving differences; addressing issues of conflict constructively
- Building Relationships: being able to put self in the shoes of others in order to understand their needs and interests
- Demonstrating Accountability: presenting information accurately and objectively
- Demonstrating Flexibility: demonstrating openness to new ideas and situations
- Achieving Results: having a structured and organised approach towards work; being able to set priorities and plan tasks with results in mind
Spoken and written English: ability to understand and speak the other language in professional contexts. Ability to draw-up technical specifications and/or scientific reports and to make oral presentations in English.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 15.12.2019
Contract type: Limited duration contract (5 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require:
- Work in Radiation Areas.
- Interventions in underground installations.
Job grade: 6-7
Job reference: EN-ACE-CL-2019-111-LD
Benchmark Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Please make sure you have all the documents needed to hand as you start your application, as once it is submitted, you will not be able to upload any documents or edit your application further