Housing Service Coordinator (SMB-SIS-2019-85-LD)
- Geneva, Switzerland
At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter - fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature. Find out more on http://home.cern.
Are you experienced in the Rooms Division sector of hotel management? Do you enjoy working on a variety of activities while going the extra mile to deliver a great service with a smile? Then we want to hear from you! CERN, take part!
The Site Management & Buildings (SMB) Department is responsible for providing, maintaining and renovating the civil engineering structures and infrastructures of the Organization and for operating the site's technical services: supply chain, site services and security.
You will join CERN’s Site Services Group and put your skills to use by serving a cosmopolitan population of international people by coordinating the CERN housing services. This includes an on-site hotel (3 buildings – 446 rooms), an off-site foyer (151 rooms), apartments, and the private market offers in the area.
As Housing service coordinator, you will:
- Be the CERN representative in charge of supervising the housing contracts and partnerships as well as monitoring the housing operations.
- Ensure the performance and compliance of contractor’s, performing quality checks; report on guests’ feedback.
- Monitor and continuously improve housing operations (KPI, material management, cash management, budget follow up, processes and procedures, website, PMS coordination, etc).
- Plan and coordinate maintenance needs and works.
- Report on the housing service activities.
- Be in charge of safety for the three hotel buildings.
- Assist any other services activities upon request.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience in the field of hospitality management, or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience in the hotel industry in a supervisory position related to rooms division with a good knowledge of PMS systems (Fidelio).
- Customer service.
- Organisation, planning and control.
- Process analysis, definition and improvement.
- Specification and follow-up of technical aspects of a contract.
- Safety conformity assessment and follow up.
- Knowledge of applying data privacy rules.
- Working in teams: cooperating constructively with others in the pursuit of team goals; balancing personal goals with team goals; contributing to promoting a positive atmosphere in the team through an optimistic and constructive attitude; addressing issues.
- Solving problems: identifying, defining and assessing problems, taking action to address them; anticipating obstacles; assessing alternative solutions in order to have a fall-back plan; producing workable and timely solutions that meet requirements.
- Communicating effectively: expressing opinions, ideas and suggestions with conviction and in a logical/structured manner; keeping to the point; delivering presentations in a structured and clear way; adjusting style and content to the audience; responding calmly and confidently to questions; utilising effective negotiation techniques to achieve long-term results acceptable to all parties involved.
- Achieving results: having a structured and organised approach towards work; being able to set priorities and plan tasks with results in mind
- Managing self: remaining objective, focused and productive in a stressful environment; focusing on solutions rather than problems.
- Spoken and written English and French: ability to understand and speak both languages in professional contexts as well as the ability to draft texts and make oral presentations in both languages.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 15.09.2019.
Contract type: Limited duration contract (5 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require:
- A valid driving licence.
- Stand-by duty, when required by the needs of the Organization.
Job grade: 4-5
Job reference: SMB-SIS-2019-85-LD
Benchmark Job Title: Business Process Support Officer
Please make sure you have all the documents needed to hand as you start your application, as once it is submitted, you will not be able to upload any documents or edit your application further