HR Benefits Assistant (HR-CB-B-2019-73-LD)
- Geneva, Switzerland
At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter - fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature. Find out more on http://home.cern.
Great science needs great people! Are you an HR Benefits assistant with great communication and organisational skills looking to thrive in an environment where multitasking is essential? CERN, take part!
The position is located in the Benefits Section of the Compensation and Benefits Group, in the HR Department (https://hr-dep.web.cern.ch/).
The Section is in charge of the implementation and control of dependency allowances, international mobility and related indemnities, education grants for dependent children, unemployment benefits, entitlements to special leave, compensation for special working hours, reimbursement of duty travel expenses, and pre-retirement programmes.
The position reports to the Benefits Section Leader, within a team of 6-7 people, and provides specialised administrative support for the above-listed financial and social benefits for members of personnel (employed or associated) in accordance with CERN Staff rules and regulations, and administrative procedures.
As an HR Benefits assistant, you will:
- Process a wide variety of confidential administrative actions, such as the different claims submitted by members of the personnel;
- Advise and inform members of personnel on matters related to financial and social benefits upon taking or leaving appointment as well as during their contract;
- Control the compliance with applicable regulations of the implementation of benefits;
- Contribute to improving and streamlining HR administrative processes;
- Prepare and maintain documentation related to internal procedures and archives;
- Replace other assistants during their absences.
Higher technical diploma in the field of administration or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience in providing administrative support in a multicultural environment.
- Experience in dealing with HR benefits in an International Organisation would be an asset.
- Use of office software packages;
- Knowledge of administrative rules and procedures such as personnel rules, HR policies;
- Compensation & benefits;
- Customer service.
- Working in teams: seeking to help other team members when own work is done; supporting other; understanding when teamwork is required to achieve the best results; including others accordingly and sharing information.
- Achieving results: delivering high quality work on time and fulfilling expectations; being rigorous and producing quality results at first attempt.
- Managing self: working well autonomously; taking on activities and tasks without prompting; remaining objective, focused and productive in a stressful environment; focusing on solutions rather than problems.
- Demonstrating accountability: maintaining confidentiality; treating others fairly and equally
- Working in the interest of the Organization: following rules and regulations and encouraging others to do the same.
- Spoken and written English and French: ability to understand and speak both languages in professional contexts as well as the ability to prepare/draft and/or translate accurate texts in both languages.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 14.07.2019.
Contract type: Limited duration contract (5 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
Job grade: 3-4
Job reference: HR-CB-B-2019-73-LD
Benchmark Job Title: Process/Services Assistant
Please make sure you have all the documents needed to hand as you start your application, as once it is submitted, you will not be able to upload any documents or edit your application further