Agile Business Analyst (FAP-BC-BA-2019-55-LD)
- Geneva, Switzerland
At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter - fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature. Find out more on http://home.cern.
Are you an experienced agile-minded Business Analyst who is client-oriented, passionate about your work, positive with a can-do attitude? Are you highly collaborative yet results oriented? Join the Business Computing Group and bring your expertise to CERN. Take part!
You will join the Business Computing Group (BC), where 70+ talented international colleagues are responsible for delivering the information systems for all of CERN's business functions.
The product management group is working for clients across the whole Organisation (HR, Finance, Planning, Safety, Security, Purchasing, Logistics and Accelerator Operations). The types of products under the group's responsibility ranges from custom-made solutions for a few users to large and widely integrated systems with 15,000+ users. Hence, working for the BC group provides numerous perspectives for being in touch with different technologies and business areas.
As a Business Analyst, you will liaise between agile teams, product managers, customers and users to understand the underlying demands and advise on the best solutions.
This transversal position will include activities in three main areas: solution, strategy and relationship management. You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Understand the customer journey, desires and pain-points, and translate it into innovative user stories, wireframes or prototypes.
- Challenge stakeholders to define the real business objectives behind the expressed needs.
- Identify opportunities and provide consultative support on business-led technology initiatives.
- Ensure architectural consistency, apply usability standards and contribute to solutions with a high quality UX.
- Follow the development of user stories, ensuring product quality through the definition and execution of test cases.
Master's degree or equivalent relevant experience in the fields of Business and Management, Design, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Extensive experience in business analysis and business computing.
- Extensive knowledge of common business processes/best practices.
- Extensive experience in applying user research and design thinking methodologies and workshops.
- Experience in working in a product management environment.
- Experience with coaching business analysts and specialists in connecting agile roles.
- Experience in the implementation of financial modules of an ERP would be an advantage.
- User relationship management: understanding of user behaviour, journeys and pain-points.
- Capturing and analysis of requirements for ICT systems: deep enough technology understanding to translate needs to product.
- Process analysis, definition and improvement: change management.
- Conceptualising, designing and developing user experiences and interfaces: business computing knowledge in Finance and HR, Logistics and the Supply Chain domain.
- Identification and selection of relevant emerging ICT technologies.
- General understanding of standard accounting concepts would be an advantage.
- Working in the interest of the Organisation: focusing on the broader picture; being able to set aside individual or team needs in the interest of the Organization; setting ambitious, challenging but realistic goals; being ready to take initiatives and calculated risks in the interest of CERN; and promoting synergy and cooperation between the various parts of the Organisation.
- Building relationships: showing appreciation for the ideas and contributions of others and encouraging others to express their views, even if controversial; understanding how individual differences bring added value to the Organization; promoting complementarities; being able to put oneself in others' shoes in order to understand their needs and interests.
- Working in teams: working well in groups and readily fitting into a team; participating fully and taking an active role in team activities; cooperating constructively with others in the pursuit of team goals; balancing personal goals with team goals; sharing and letting others participate in own work/project; and encouraging team development.
- Demonstrating accountability: working conscientiously and reliably; delivering on promises; taking responsibility for own actions and decisions; readily admitting to mistakes.
- Managing self: taking initiative beyond regular tasks and making things happen; actively seeking feedback on own performance and taking steps to improve it; demonstrating a receptive approach to feedback; and being open to criticism and reconsidering position accordingly.
- Spoken and written English, with the ability to draw-up specifications and/or reports and/or to make oral presentations.
- The ability to understand and speak French or an undertaking to acquire it rapidly.
Eligibility and closing date
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 14.05.2019.
Contract type: Limited duration contract (5 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
Job grade: 6-7
Job reference: FAP-BC-BA-2019-55-LD
Benchmark Job Title: Business Process Analyst
Please make sure you have all the documents needed to hand as you start your application, as once it is submitted, you will not be able to upload any documents or edit your application further.