Medical Assistant (HSE-OHS-ME-2019-31-LD)
- Geneva, Switzerland
At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter - fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature. Find out more on http://home.cern.
Are you a qualified and proactive medical assistant, willing to contribute to a unique working environment at the heart of one of the world's most complex and exciting scientific experiments? Then, this opportunity is for you - join the largest particle physics research laboratory in the world. CERN, take part!
The CERN Medical Service is part of the Health, Safety and Environmental Protection Unit, and provides all occupational medicine for CERN staff as well as supplying first aid and medical emergency services. You can find further information on CERN's Medical Service at https://medical-service.web.cern.ch/ .
You will join:
- The HSE Unit which supports CERN in the implementation and enforcement of its safety policy.
- The OHS Group which is in charge of providing advice, monitoring and following-up on the implementation and accomplishment of safety objectives aimed at a continuous improvement of a safe working environment.
- The Medical Service which monitors the health of employed members of CERN's personnel and determines their aptitude for work.
As a Medical Assistant, you will:
- Welcome patients into the Medical Service.
- Prepare and update the daily schedule of the medical team.
- Schedule patient appointments.
- Manage the medical files and correspondence (including medical services email box) and record patient history.
- Perform certain tests, such as blood pressure, vital signs measurements when required and prepare patients for medical consultations.
- Help physicians and nurses with patient examinations as needed.
- Support with medical reporting processes.
- Support all administrative requirements of the medical team, including management of office supplies.
- Ensure that medical confidentiality is guaranteed at all times.
Higher technical diploma in the field of medical administration/secretariat, or a related field.
First-aider qualification would be an advantage.
- Proven experience supporting management with challenging processes.
- Demonstrated patient-facing experience (e.g. reception services).
- Prior experience in clinical medical practice administration.
- Secretarial work.
- Customer service.
- Use of Office software packages: Microsoft Office suite; knowledge of medical software is a plus.
- Working in teams: building and maintaining constructive and effective work relationships; contributing to promoting a positive atmosphere in the team through an optimistic and constructive attitude; addressing issues.
- Building relationships: showing courtesy and consideration in dealings with others.
- Achieving results: having a structured and organised approach towards work; being able to set priorities and plan tasks with results in mind; objectively assessing and monitoring own work; regularly reporting on progress and advising of any changes in schedule or priorities.
- Demonstrating flexibility: being able to demonstrate flexibility whilst abiding by all applicable rules.
- Demonstrating accountability: maintaining confidentiality.
- Spoken French and English. Ability to understand and speak both languages in professional contexts as well as ability to write simple messages in both languages.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States. (https://home.cern/about/member-states)
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 30.04.2019.
Contract type: Limited duration contract (5 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require:
- Work during nights, Sundays and official holidays, when required by the needs of the Organization.
Job grade: 3-4
Job reference: HSE-OHS-ME-2019-31-LD
Benchmark Job Title: Personal/Team Assistant
Please make sure you have all the documents needed to hand as you start your application, as once it is submitted, you will not be able to upload any documents or edit your application further