Human Resources Assistant (HR-LD-2018-131-LD)
- Geneva, Switzerland
At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter - fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature. Find out more on http://home.cern.
Great science needs great people! Are you an administrative assistant with great communication and organisational skills looking to thrive in an environment where multitasking is essential? The Learning & Development Group within HR is offering a great opportunity to join a multinational team and become the central point of a complex environment involving an important number of CERN and external stakeholders! CERN, take part!
You will join The Technical Training Programme which is part of the Learning and Development (L&D) Group; a service in charge of organising all in-house trainings in the scientific and technical domains (from course creation/customisation, search of providers, to logistics and performance evaluation). This involves around 300 courses, with a total of over 2000 participations per year and concerns all of the CERN Departments and all members of personnel.
As a Human Resources assistant, you will be requested to:
- Provide administrative support for the Technical Training Programme (90%):
In particularly, you will:
- Organise, plan and run the logistics of training courses as well as keep up-to-date the relating procedures;
- Manage registrations, cancellations and billing of courses using CERN's Learning Management System;
- Track the budget of training courses via CERN internal tools;
- Directly interact with CERN stakeholders (trainers, participants, experts, departmental training officers) and external stakeholders (suppliers, trainers);
- Liaise and communicate with other CERN services (Registration, Finance and Procurement, Administrative Information Systems, Transport etc.);
- Prepare regular publications of the training programme information and update the relevant internal Web pages.
- Participate in other L&D activities (10%):
- Produce statistics on training courses making use of Office software tools and other CERN internal reporting applications;
- Provide support to the Learning Specialist in the design/review of trainings;
- Test and improve the Learning Management System;
- Contribute to L&D projects as needed;
- Support and replace colleagues (administrative assistants in other learning portfolios) in the Group, as needed.
- Technical certificate or higher technical diploma or equivalent relevant experience, in the field of administration or a related field.
- Proven experience in an administrative service, preferably in an international environment.
- Customer service;
- Event organisation and management;
- Secretarial work;
- Use of office software packages: (Excel, PowerPoint).
- Working in teams: understanding when teamwork is required to achieve the best results; including others accordingly and sharing information Working well in groups and readily fitting into a team; participating fully and taking an active role in team activities.
- Communicating effectively: ensuring that information, procedures and decisions are appropriately documented; providing others with timely information; demonstrating a pro-active approach to resolving differences; addressing issues of conflict constructively.
- Managing self: using time efficiently and effectively; working well autonomously; taking on activities and tasks without prompting; actively seeking feedback on own performance and taking steps to improve it.
- Solving problems: identifying, defining and assessing problems, taking action to address them;testing solutions for long-term suitability, cross-checking with all concerned before implementation.
- Demonstrating flexibility: adapting quickly and resourcefully to shifting priorities and requirements; readily absorbing new techniques and working practices; proposing new or improved ways of working.
- Spoken and written English and French: ability to understand and communicate in both languages in professional contexts.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States. (https://home.cern/about/member-states)
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 13.01.2019.
Contract type: Limited duration contract (5 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
Job grade: 3-4
Job reference: HR-LD-2018-131-LD
Benchmark Job Title: Process/Services Assistant
Please make sure you have all the documents needed to hand as you start your application, as once it is submitted, you will not be able to upload any documents or edit your application further