Combo Unit Operator
- 42 Vic Turner Airport Rd, Dawson Creek, BC V1G 0G1, Canada
CEDA specializes in industrial maintenance, turnaround and environmental services and has a proud history in North America with roots extending back to 1973. Our talented and experienced team is committed to delivering world-class solutions to help our clients maximize production, mitigate risk and avoid costly outages, always with safety top of mind.
We are committed to putting the right people, in the right place, at the right time while offering an inclusive work environment, opportunities for professional development, a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits.
If you’re ready to take the next step in your career, CEDA has opportunities for you!
CEDA is currently seeking Operators to assist with the operation of a Combo Unit in our Dawson Creek, B.C. location. Working on a call out basis, our dispatch group will keep you busy!
Flexibility is a virtue we need all applicants to have. The work changes daily.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate and maintain a Combo Unit and various specialty tools
- Work alongside Labourers – 90% of your day is outside of the truck, boots on the ground
- Work safely at heights up to 100 meters in a labour intensive capacity
- Climb safely into small vessels and tanks with industrial cleaning equipment – our experienced crew has your back
- Complete minor maintenance and checks on equipment
- Ensure safety for all team members and property
- Provide quality services to our clients
- Work as part of a team and follow direction from supervision
- Learn new skills every day by rigging in and out specialty equipment
- Leave the job site in better condition that when we got there. Clean, safe and job done.
- Haul hoses, PPE and tools to where the work is being done
- Complete required paperwork for projects and jobs
- 1-2 years’ experience operating a Combo Unit is required
- Valid Class 1 or 3 driver’s license and experience operating a manual transmission
- Clean and current driver's abstract
- Able to provide a negative result on a pre-employment drug and alcohol test
- Common Safety Orientation certification is required
- First Aid, H2S Alive, Confined Space and Fall Protection certification would be an asset/or required
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- You are safety focused when it comes to people and equipment
- Experience working at heights with the use of special fall restraint equipment
- Perform physically demanding work including climbing multiple flights of stairs and carrying equipment (able to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis)
- Experience and comfort with confined spaces such as a small vessel/tank or trench
- Enjoy working outdoors even in harsh weather conditions
- Comfortable with the use of additional respiratory equipment and air supply; wearing a full face mask and carrying your own source of oxygen
- You have the ability to work well in a team, share a laugh with your coworkers and get the job done safely
- We have great training and your ability to read and write will ensure you meet the testing requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhausted list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.