- SK-604, Arcola, SK, Canada
CEDA specializes in industrial maintenance, turnaround and environmental services and has a proud history in North America with roots extending back to 1973. Our talented and experienced team is committed to delivering world-class solutions to help our clients maximize production, mitigate risk and avoid costly outages, always with safety top of mind.
We are committed to putting the right people, in the right place, at the right time while offering an inclusive work environment, opportunities for professional development, a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits.
If you’re ready to take the next step in your career, CEDA has opportunities for you!
Labourer position works alongside our Industrial Cleaning Supervisor/Operators assisting in the operation and maintenance of our industrial equipment at various customer locations as well as our shop.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with the operation and maintenance of vacuum trucks, hydro-vacs, high pressure water equipment, chemical cleaning and various specialty tools
- Work safely at heights up to 100 meters in a labor intensive capacity
- Climb safely into small vessels and tanks with industrial cleaning equipment – our experienced crew has your back
- Complete minor maintenance and checks on equipment
- Ensure safety for all team members and property
- Provide quality services to our clients
- Work as part of a team and follow direction from supervision
- Learn new skills every day by rigging in and out specialty equipment
- Leave the job site in better condition that when we got there. Clean, safe and job done.
- Haul hoses, PPE and tools to where the work is being done
- Complete or participate in the required paperwork for projects and jobs
- Complete or participate in Field Level Risk Assessments
- Experience working with Pressure & Vacuum equipment an asset
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Clean or acceptable and current 5 year driver's abstract
- Able to provide a negative result on a pre-employment drug and alcohol test
- Having First Aid, H2S Alive, Confined Space and Fall Protection certification would be an asset, but will be provided to successful applicant
- Strong mechanical aptitude with a willingness to learn
- Safety focused when it comes to people and equipment
- Able to work (days/nights) at 10-12 hours per day or longer, if required. Some weekends
- Experience working at heights with the use of special fall restraint equipment
- Perform physically demanding work including climbing multiple flights of stairs and carrying equipment (able to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis)
- Experience and comfort with confined spaces such as a small vessel/tank or trench
- Able to work outdoors the majority of the time in sometimes harsh weather conditions
- Comfortable with the use of additional respiratory equipment and breathing air; wearing a full face mask and carrying your own source of oxygen
- You’re happiest working in a team, sharing a laugh with your coworkers and getting the job done safely
- We have great training and your ability to read and write will ensure you meet the testing requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhausted list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.