HSE Administrative Assistant
- 2130 121 Ave NE, Edmonton, AB T6S 1B1, Canada
CEDA specializes in industrial maintenance, turnaround and environmental services and has a proud history in North America with roots extending back to 1973. Our talented and experienced team is committed to delivering world-class solutions to help our clients maximize production, mitigate risk and avoid costly outages, always with safety top of mind.
We are committed to putting the right people, in the right place, at the right time while offering an inclusive work environment, opportunities for professional development, a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits.
If you’re ready to take the next step in your career, CEDA has opportunities for you!
CEDA is looking for a HSE Administrative Assistant at our Edmonton office location. Full time opportunity working Monday to Friday.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and update online registry accounts; coordinate documentation required and communicate updates to all stakeholders.
- Assist leaders and HSE team with incident review and approval process in Intelex.
- Coordinate and fulfil requests as part of the Live Safe Now Recognition Program and maintain records.
- Maintain the employee profiles in the HSE systems and databases.
- Complete requisitions and invoice reconciliation for Corporate HSE.
- Perform data entry in HSE databases and retrieve reports as required.
- Create customized reports and dashboards and update HSE information within targeted timeframes.
- Facilitate training on the HSE systems.
- Reconcile expense reports and send reports for approvals.
- Assist in other HSE related duties as required.
- Flexibility in scheduling with the ability to work overtime.
- Ability to function independently in a busy office environment.
- Working with various disciplines and levels within the organization.
- Managing multiple timelines/deadlines as per business requirements.
- Daily communication with internal and external clients.
- May have contact with Union Business Representatives, Manager, Labour Relations, Union Members
- May have contact with all Shared Services positions within CEDA.
- Daily contact with HSE team members, and may have contact with all levels within the organization.
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience is required
- 1 to 2 years of related work experience is required
- Related industry experience would be a definite asset
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office – Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Familiar with general office equipment and procedures
- Exceptional Interpersonal and Communication skills (written and Verbal).
- Demonstrates an uncompromising commitment to health and safety
- Strong organization, prioritization, and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail
- Demonstrates discretion and confidentiality when handling sensitive employee information
- Ability to prioritize and initiate innovative solutions
- Promotes and portrays professionalism in all duties
- Must obtain a negative result on drug and alcohol test
- Must provide reasonable driver’s abstract (no more than 4 demerits and/or three moving violations in the last three years)
- Must provide a reasonable criminal record history; and
- Must provide three work related references
- You are Tech Savvy, keep yourself and your work place organized, quick to learn new things and keen to navigate your way through websites/programs
- You take pride in your work, accountable for all you do and a pleasure to have on a team
- You have a good eye for detail and can handle multiple tasks and projects
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhausted list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.