Junior Water Process Engineer or Scientist
- 357 S McCaslin Blvd, Louisville, CO
Corona was established on June 14, 2013 by a group of highly talented and experienced scientists, engineers, IT professionals and GIS professionals that have worked together for over 20 years. While Corona as a firm is young, our team has long history of successfully executing projects and delivering industry leading solutions. We provide IT services, including geographic information systems (GIS), system design and software development, as well as program management and environmental consulting services. Our success is evident in our 25+ past and ongoing projects, including high profile work, such as the 2014 West Virginia Elk River chemical spill and Louisiana’s emergency response to Naegleria fowleri deaths from drinking water in 2013.
Corona Environmental Consulting, LLC, focuses on safe drinking water through innovative engineering, microbiology, and information management techniques. As a member of our dynamic and growing team, you will work with us to:
• Deliver water quality and treatment-related projects addressing:
• Groundwater quality issues including nitrate, 1,2,3-trichloropropane, PFAS, chromium, arsenic, and others;
• Surface water quality issues including disinfection byproducts precursors, microbial contaminants, taste and odor compounds, cyanotoxins and others;
• Distribution system water issues including disinfection, disinfection byproducts, nitrification, corrosion, and others.
• Study, plan and optimize water treatment and distribution system facilities.
• Support field- and laboratory-based testing of water treatment processes at bench-, pilot-, and demonstration-scale.
• Prepare engineering reports for complex water projects.
• Participate in facility startup, operator training, and process and equipment troubleshooting.
• Prepare facility permitting documents for water treatment and distribution facilities.
• Perform water treatment and distribution facilities operations evaluations.
• Travel for project needs.
• Master’s degree or BS and a minimum of two years professional experience in Civil or Environmental Engineering or related field required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Self-motivation with a desire to be challenged.
• Willingness to take initiative and assume responsibility.
• Willingness to travel for project needs and to support client interactions.
• Ability to work well as a team member or individually.
• Ability to obtain Professional Engineering license within 2 years, CA preferred.
• Experience with CAD
• Experience with hydraulic modeling
• Experience with GIS
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Salary: Competitive salary, benefits, and bonus potential
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Type Water Process Engineer or Scientist
Education: MS degree or equivalent experience
Experience: 0-5 years
Manages Others: No
Relocation: Yes, will consider relocation for qualified applicants
Industry: Environmental science, engineering, information management consulting