Senior World Artist
To create revolutionary, story-driven RPGs which go straight to the hearts of gamers — this is our mission. As a driven team of talented professionals from all around the globe, we want to earn our place as one of the world’s top video-game developers, push narrative boundaries, and build unforgettable stories that set and redefine the standards for the genre.
CD PROJEKT RED is looking for a Senior World Artist to help us create stylized environments that enhance the narrative and engage the player, while maintaining the style and quality bar of the game.
As a Senior World Artist you will be responsible for set decorating and building out the world of the game. You will work as a bridge between artists and designers and make sure that the environmental elements are adequately set for the gameplay.
(This position will require remote cooperation with The Molasses Flood Boston studio.)
The Molasses Flood is a CD PROJEKT development studio located in the greater Boston area. It was founded by industry veterans in 2014, and since then have created The Flame in the Flood and Drake Hollow. The Molasses Flood is currently working on an ambitious and exciting new project and is growing their team across all departments.
- Create compelling locations, scenes, and points of interest in our game world.
- Creating composition by furnishing the game world with props and objects.
- Creating strong environment storytelling with set dressing.
- Making sure the locations are playable and the game flow is functional and optimal.
- Light and polish to completion
- Optimize for performance purposes.
- Collaborate with Designers and Artists to make sure that environments meet the style and quality standards of the project and studio, as well as fit the game’s lore and gameplay needs.
- 5+ years of Environment Art, Level Art, or World Building experience in the game industry.
- Experience in shipping a game.
- Strong experience in creating/composition planning of stylized environments.
- Strong understanding of environmental design and how it interacts with game playability.
- Unreal Engine 4 experience.
- Excellent composition skills and modelling knowledge.
- Solid lighting skills.
- Strong understanding of optimization.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and in written documentation.
- Curiosity, kindness, and a positive and professional can-do attitude.
- Very good English.
Nice to have:
(Please note that these skills are not required to apply for the position)
- Knowledge about Level Design.
For this role you can choose between a remote-first or office-first working mode.
- Office-First: working primarily from the Warsaw, Wroclaw, or Cracow studio for a minimum of 10 days per month.
- Remote-First: working from home, or from any location that is within 3 hours of the GMT+3 time zone.
Perks & Professional Growth
- Flexible working hours — start your workday anytime between 8:00 and 10:00 AM.
- A welcome pack filled with goodies — to help you feel right at home once you join the team.
- Trainings, lectures and courses — internal workshops, external training for each employee, ‘Meet a star’ events, knowledge-sharing initiatives, online tutorials, and e-learning classes are all available. There’s always something to learn!
- Merch — employee store discounts at CD PROJEKT RED Gear, gifts for newborn rebels and regular chances to nab some cool swag!
Social Activities & Life in the Office
- Dog-friendly office — dog owner? Bring your pooch with you and look after them while working! There’s always a furry friend or two to meet at the studio.
- Social events — we host regular gatherings at the studio where we can all unwind, play games, and just have some fun together.
- Truly international working environment — a chance to meet and work with a diverse selection of people from all over the world.