Senior Multiplayer Designer
To create revolutionary, story-driven RPGs which go straight to the hearts of gamers — this is our mission. As a driven team of talented professionals from all around the globe, we want to earn our place as one of the world’s top video-game developers, push narrative boundaries, and build unforgettable stories that set and redefine the standards for the genre.
CD PROJEKT RED is looking for a Senior Multiplayer Designer to support The Molasses Flood development studio in their own ambitious project. The person in this role will help drive the vision and implementation of the multiplayer experience in our game. Working alongside the Lead Multiplayer Designer and Design Director, you will actively work on engaging multiplayer gameplay features, game modes, player progression and social systems, driving them all from concept to implementation. You will also work collaboratively with the systems design, engineering, art, and production teams to make sure that the experiences your team creates are fun, engaging, and performant, and help to tell the story of the game. The Senior Multiplayer Designer will report directly to the Lead Multiplayer Designer.
- Proposing and documenting an innovative design for multiplayer systems and features that follow the game direction.
- Iterating and improving documentation for existing multiplayer systems and features.
- Designing, prototyping, scripting, iterating on features using Unreal Engine 5.
- Working in multidisciplinary teams on prototyping and implementing various game modes, ensuring that the multiplayer experience and networking are carried through to completion in the highest possible quality.
- Taking ownership of specific features/systems of the game.
- At least 6 years of overall game design experience, ideally in a multiplayer or core gameplay position, with at least 1 AA/AAA shipped title with strong multiplayer design elements.
- Very high proficiency working with Unreal Engine 4 and/or Unreal Engine 5.
- Experience with co-op multiplayer design.
- Openness to receiving and giving feedback about your work.
- Ability to include others in the design process.
- Highly passionate about multiplayer games and systems (game modes, class design, player progression, social activities, etc.).
- Curiosity, kindness, and a positive and professional can-do attitude.
- Fluent in English.
Nice to have
- Experience prototyping in Unreal Engine on multiplayer Co-Op/PvE titles.
- Experience with action design.
- Passionate about the Witcher universe and lore.
- Mentoring experience.
- Experience or interest in procedurally generated levels.
For this role you can choose between a remote-first or office-first working mode.
- Office-First: working primarily from the Warsaw, Wroclaw, or Cracow studio for a minimum of 10 days per month.
- Remote-First: working from home, or from any location that is within 3 hours of the GMT+2 time zone.
Perks & Professional Growth
- Flexible working hours — start your workday anytime between 8:00 and 10:00 AM.
- A welcome pack filled with goodies — to help you feel right at home once you join the team.
- Trainings, lectures and courses — internal workshops, external training for each employee, ‘Meet a star’ events, knowledge-sharing initiatives, online tutorials, and e-learning classes are all available. There’s always something to learn!
- Merch — employee store discounts at CD PROJEKT RED Gear, gifts for newborn rebels and regular chances to nab some cool swag!
Health & Well-being
- Private medical healthcare — a selection of medical plans with dental care to choose from, which are also accessible for your partner and relatives.
- Support during COVID-19 — regular tests and COVID vaccinations at the studio as well as professional advice and guidance from a specialist doctor.
- Psychological care — free mental health support and various well-being webinars.
- Multisport card — gain access to a wide number of sporting and fitness facilities across the city.
Social Activities & Life in the Office
- Dog-friendly office — dog owner? Bring your pooch with you and look after them while working! There’s always a furry friend or two to meet at the studio.
- Social events — we host regular gatherings at the studio where we can all unwind, play games, and just have some fun together.
- Healthy selections — organic fruit, snacks, muesli, organic honey, vegan milk, and specialty coffee are all at your disposal around the studio. Enjoy!
- Truly international working environment — a chance to meet and work with a diverse selection of people from all around the world.
Head office in Warsaw
- Sustainable campus with an eco ethos — solar panels provide green energy, 2000 plants and an air-filtering system to help provide clean air, electric car charging points, flower meadows, and more green features in the works.
- An onsite, well-equipped gym with a climbing wall and a personal trainer available every day and pilates classes.
- Car and bike parking spaces.
- A designated space for your bicycle, as well as bicycle repair equipment and showers available whenever you need them.
- No dress-code — we like to keep it casual.
- Relocation package – flight ticket, company apartment for your first month, relocating your pet, shipping your belongings: it’s all covered. Who said moving countries needs to be complicated?
- Relocation assistance — processing your legalization operations for you, assistance with finding residence, tax settlements, helping out with translations if needed, and much more — we have dedicated teams to help make sure that all you need to feel right at home is taken care of.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees — and for your spouse or partner, too.
- Paid Leave — from 20 to 26 days of holiday for every team member per year, paid sick leave, and paid maternity & paternity leave.