Core Tech Engineer (Specialist / Senior) - Unreal Engine
To create revolutionary, story-driven RPGs which go straight to the hearts of gamers — this is our mission. As a driven team of talented professionals from all around the globe, we want to earn our place as one of the world’s top video-game developers, push narrative boundaries, and build unforgettable stories that set and redefine the standards for the genre.
As a Core Tech Engineer you will use your experience with Unreal Engine and low-level game coding topics to find the best ways to use Unreal Engine to make large open-world games and, when needed, find ways to shape and push the technology further.
- Working on the game that delivers unforgettable experiences to players.
- Developing and maintaining core technology systems built on Unreal Engine.
- Owning and driving core technology topics, and making decisions about them.
- Proposing and implementing solutions to the challenges of performance and scale of a large open world game.
- Mentoring team members on how to get the most out Unreal Technology.
- Cooperating with Epic to share ideas and find ways to take the technology forward.
- Creating a game that delivers memorable experiences to players.
- Working across all disciplines to ensure that the engine technologies are meeting the needs of all stakeholders.
- Deep knowledge of Unreal Engine.
- Wide knowledge about game systems and specialization in at least one specific engine related area.
- Deep knowledge of C++.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in game industry.
- Experience in working on various platforms.
- Strong system architecture skills.
- Ability to debug and optimize code.
- Experience with multithreaded programming.
- At least one AAA title shipped on different platforms.
- Experience with RPG and/or open world games will be very welcome.
- A team player.
- Solid communication skills, with the ability to communicate in English.
- Can think and work creatively, taking initiative to solve problems.
- Drive towards professional growth.
- Agile mindset is a plus.
- Passion for creating games.
For this role you can choose between a remote-first or office-first working mode.
- Remote-First: working from any location that is in Canada or Europe.
- Office-First: working primarily from the Vancouver, Warsaw, Wroclaw, or Cracow studio for a minimum of 10 days per month.
Perks & Professional Growth
- Flexible working hours — start your workday anytime between 8:00 and 10:00 AM.
- A welcome pack filled with goodies — to help you feel right at home once you join the team.
- Trainings, lectures and courses — internal workshops, external training for each employee, ‘Meet a star’ events, knowledge-sharing initiatives, online tutorials, and e-learning classes are all available. There’s always something to learn!
- Merch — employee store discounts at CD PROJEKT RED Gear, gifts for newborn rebels and regular chances to nab some cool swag!
Social Activities & Life in the Office
- Dog-friendly office — dog owner? Bring your pooch with you and look after them while working! There’s always a furry friend or two to meet at the studio.
- Social events — we host regular gatherings at the studio where we can all unwind, play games, and just have some fun together.
- Truly international working environment — a chance to meet and work with a diverse selection of people from all over the world.