To create revolutionary, story-driven RPGs which go straight to the hearts of gamers — this is our mission. As a driven team of talented professionals from all around the globe, we want to earn our place as one of the world’s top video-game developers, push narrative boundaries, and build unforgettable stories that set and redefine the standards for the genre.
CD PROJEKT RED is currently looking for a talented Material Artist to join our Environment Art team in Warsaw to work on AAA games. As a Material Artist, you will be helping to create a library of realistic materials to be spread across a variety of worlds for our upcoming projects that millions of players will dive into. Sounds interesting? Send us your CV and portfolio!
- Creating photorealistic materials for different uses. (tiling, decals, atlases etc.)
- Collaborating in the creation of concepts and plans for locations/assets.
- Cooperating effectively with Environment, Asset and Concept Artists and everyone involved in using materials.
- Cooperating with Technical artists to prepare shaders.
- Working with scanned data.
- Using your knowledge to help put the finishing touches on assets and architecture using your materials
- Maintaining the production pipeline and meeting deadlines.
- Collaborating with peers.
- At least 3 years of relevant industry experience and one shipped AAA title.
- Strong skills in procedural material creation software (Adobe Substance 3D Designer)
- Experience in Adobe Photoshop or equivalent
- Efficient skills in one of the leading modelling packages (3DS Max, Maya, Blender etc.)
- Good knowledge of colour theory and lighting techniques.
- Strong understanding of physically based rendering practices (PBR).
- Good knowledge of shaders and supporting texture maps
- Creativity and an eye for detail.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Fluent English.
- Passion for games.
For this role you can choose between a remote-first or office-first working mode.
- Office-First: working primarily from the Warsaw, Wroclaw, or Cracow studio for a minimum of 10 days per month.
- Remote-First: working from home, or from any location that is within 3 hours of the GMT+3 time zone.
Perks & Professional Growth
- Flexible working hours — start your workday anytime between 8:00 and 10:00 AM.
- A welcome pack filled with goodies — to help you feel right at home once you join the team.
- Trainings, lectures and courses — internal workshops, external training for each employee, ‘Meet a star’ events, knowledge-sharing initiatives, online tutorials, and e-learning classes are all available. There’s always something to learn!
- Merch — employee store discounts at CD PROJEKT RED Gear, gifts for newborn rebels and regular chances to nab some cool swag!
Health & Well-being
- Private medical healthcare — a selection of medical plans with dental care to choose from, which are also accessible for your partner and relatives.
- Support during COVID-19 — regular tests and COVID vaccinations at the studio as well as professional advice and guidance from a specialist doctor.
- Psychological care — free mental health support and various well-being webinars.
- Multisport card — gain access to a wide number of sporting and fitness facilities across the city.
Social Activities & Life in the Office
- Dog-friendly office — dog owner? Bring your pooch with you and look after them while working! There’s always a furry friend or two to meet at the studio.
- Social events — we host regular gatherings at the studio where we can all unwind, play games, and just have some fun together.
- Healthy selections — organic fruit, snacks, muesli, organic honey, vegan milk, and specialty coffee are all at your disposal around the studio. Enjoy!
- Truly international working environment — a chance to meet and work with a diverse selection of people from all around the world.
- Relocation package – flight ticket, company apartment for your first month, relocating your pet, shipping your belongings: it’s all covered. Who said moving countries needs to be complicated?
- Relocation assistance — processing your legalization operations for you, assistance with finding residence, tax settlements, helping out with translations if needed, and much more — we have dedicated teams to help make sure that all you need to feel right at home is taken care of.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees — and for your spouse or partner, too.
- Paid Leave — from 20 to 26 days of holiday for every team member per year, paid sick leave, and paid maternity & paternity leave.
Head office in Warsaw
- Sustainable campus with an eco ethos — solar panels provide green energy, 2000 plants and an air-filtering system to help provide clean air, electric car charging points, flower meadows, and more green features in the works.
- An onsite, well-equipped gym with a climbing wall and a personal trainer available every day and pilates classes.
- Car and bike parking spaces.
- A designated space for your bicycle, as well as bicycle repair equipment and showers available whenever you need them.
- No dress-code — we like to keep it casual.