Lead Unreal Engine Programmer
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
At CD PROJEKT RED Vancouver, our mission is to create world-class interactive entertainment experiences. Located in one of the biggest video game hubs in the world, Vancouver, Canada, we are an inclusive, multicultural team of driven and talented professionals that fosters cross-disciplinary collaboration and honest conversations. We push gameplay boundaries. We build unforgettable narratives and stories. We make some of the best and most revered video games on the planet. Join us!
CD PROJEKT RED Vancouver is searching for experienced Unreal Engine Programmers to join their team. As an UE Programmer, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, optimizing and maintaining parts of the game code as well as the underlying Unreal Engine. You will be liaising with and supporting designers, artists and other programmers in developing game features as well as game development tools. The role involves daily cooperation with other programmers locally as well as remotely.
- Excellent knowledge of C++ coding principles and practices with at least 4+ years of professional experience
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4/5
- At least 2+ years of relevant experience in the games industry or in real-time systems
- Ability to debug and optimize code
- Ability to define and meet a schedule
- Strong multi-threaded programming skills
- Strong attention to detail and quality
- Ability to work effectively in a team and independently when required
- Excellent communication skills: We have a multilingual and multicultural working environment and the ability to communicate across language and time zone barriers is essential.
- Management of Engine team members: mentoring, scheduling and tracking tasks, performance evaluations, one on ones, disciplinary actions, and knowing when to report an issue up the line.
- Competitive salary with project-based bonuses
- Health benefits with an HSA account
- Responsible work-life balance with flexible hours and paid overtime
- 26 days of paid vacation per year
- A modern indie-style studio with a relaxed atmosphere working on high-budget AAA games
- A chance to work in a booming industry within an international team
- Office located near transit and bike routes