Senior UX Researcher
- Warsaw, Poland
To create revolutionary, story-driven RPGs which go straight to the hearts of gamers — this is our mission. As a driven team of talented professionals from all around the globe, we want to earn our place as one of the world’s top video-game developers, push narrative boundaries, and build unforgettable stories that set and redefine the standards for the genre.
We are looking for a Senior UX Researcher to join our team. You will work on the Witcher and Cyberpunk franchises, collaborating with various teams to ensure players’ experience remains at the centre of what we do and that our design decisions are research informed. Product managers, data analysts and scientists, UX designers, game designers and developers, even studios’ leaders will seek your assistance in connecting with our players and finding answers to most pressing design questions. If it does sound like the task you are up to, don’t hesitate and send us your application.
- You will define and formulate research plan, help in screening participants, analyse data, write the reports, and finally deliver the research insights to the team.
- You will diligently listen to our players, understand and empathise with them, distil their frustrations and needs into research agendas, translate the findings into actionable insights for the game team.
- You will collect game team requirements and translate them into research inquiries; maintain research schedules that are in line with the development cycle and take an active role in prioritisation of our research.
- You will work closely with the game team on transforming the insights into design improvement and actively seek out new research opportunities; champion the UX across all parts of the game.
- 5+ years of experience in game user research (GUR).
- Proficiency in quantitative and qualitative research methodologies.
- Proficiency in behavioural analysis and statistics.
Other relevant qualifications:
- Knowledge of Human Computer Interaction, Psychology, or related fields from previous experience or certified training program.
- Good understanding of product development cycle and familiarity with agile methods.
- Communication skills and ability to foster relationships across all levels of the business.
- Passion for game design and game development process, will to challenge status quo and constantly push boundaries of what we do.
- Experience in working as a part of multidisciplinary and multicultural teams.
- Strong business acumen and gaming industry knowledge.
Nice to have:
- MSc or PhD degree in Human Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Cognitive Psychology, Cognitive Science, or related field.
Perks & Professional Growth
- Flexible working hours — start your workday anytime between 8:00 and 10:00 AM.
- A welcome pack filled with goodies — to help you feel right at home once you join the team.
- Trainings, lectures and courses — internal workshops, external training for each employee, ‘Meet a star’ events, knowledge-sharing initiatives, online tutorials, and e-learning classes are all available. There’s always something to learn!
- Merch — employee store discounts at CD PROJEKT RED Gear, gifts for newborn rebels and regular chances to nab some cool swag!
Health & Well-being
- Private medical healthcare — a selection of medical plans with dental care to choose from, which are also accessible for your partner and relatives.
- Support during COVID-19 — regular tests and COVID vaccinations at the studio as well as professional advice and guidance from a specialist doctor.
- Psychological care — free mental health support and various well-being webinars.
- Multisport card — gain access to a wide number of sporting and fitness facilities across the city.
Social Activities & Life in the Office
- Dog-friendly office — dog owner? Bring your pooch with you and look after them while working! There’s always a furry friend or two to meet at the studio.
- Social events — we host regular gatherings at the studio where we can all unwind, play games, and just have some fun together.
- Healthy selections — organic fruit, snacks, muesli, organic honey, vegan milk, and specialty coffee are all at your disposal around the studio. Enjoy!
- Truly international working environment — a chance to meet and work with a diverse selection of people from all around the world.
Head office in Warsaw
- Sustainable campus with an eco ethos — solar panels provide green energy, 2000 plants and an air-filtering system to help provide clean air, electric car charging points, flower meadows, and more green features in the works.
- An onsite, well-equipped gym with a climbing wall and a personal trainer available every day and pilates classes.
- Car and bike parking spaces.
- A designated space for your bicycle, as well as bicycle repair equipment and showers available whenever you need them.
- No dress-code — we like to keep it casual.
- Relocation package – flight ticket, company apartment for your first month, relocating your pet, shipping your belongings: it’s all covered. Who said moving countries needs to be complicated?
- Relocation assistance — processing your legalization operations for you, assistance with finding residence, tax settlements, helping out with translations if needed, and much more — we have dedicated teams to help make sure that all you need to feel right at home is taken care of.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees — and for your spouse or partner, too.
- Paid Leave — from 20 to 26 days of holiday for every team member per year, paid sick leave, and paid maternity & paternity leave.