Senior UX Designer
To create revolutionary, story-driven RPGs which go straight to the hearts of gamers — this is our mission. As a driven team of talented professionals from all around the globe, we want to earn our place as one of the world’s top video-game developers, push narrative boundaries, and build unforgettable stories that set and redefine the standards for the genre.
We are looking for a Senior UX Designer to join our team. You will work on the Witcher franchise and your primary focus will be to make our players’ experiences intuitive, immersive, rewarding, and memorable. Your secondary task will be to ensure our games are designed to be truly inclusive. This role will require you to take on various tasks in order to help us achieve the best possible end-user experience. Are you the tinker thinker we are looking for? If you love breaking game designs down, investigating how to make them even more enjoyable, and then finally reassembling them into improved versions - we believe you are. We are looking forward to your application.
- You will contribute to the design of our core game mechanics, utilising your stellar UX design skills.
- You will communicate your UX-focused design iteration ideas through documentation and mockups.
- You will work closely with other designers and developers to ensure your design ideas are brought to life at the highest quality possible and are well nested within other gameplay loops and mechanics.
- You will work closely with UX Researchers and translate user research, marketing and brand insights, and community feedback into player-centred designs.
- You will share your expertise with development and product teams, build interdisciplinary relationships, take a seat in cross-functional task groups, and take part in setting the right design priorities that will help us meet the player and business goals.
- 3+ years of experience working as a UX Designer on triple-A games.
- 5+ years of experience working in the gaming industry.
- Excellent understanding of gameplay loops present in RPG and action games.
Other relevant qualifications:
- Understanding of game production practices and excellent interpersonal skills that allow you to build rapport and include multiple perspectives in your daily work.
- Proven knowledge of UX design principles and best practices.
- Interest in implementing UX features in Unreal Engine.
- Ability to mockup prototypes and wireframes in Unreal Engine.
- Knowledge and ability to design for accessibility, desire to elevate the baseline of inclusivity in video games.
- Experience in working as a part of multidisciplinary and multicultural teams.
- Proficiency in English both written and spoken.
- Passion for story-driven video games.
For this role you can choose between a remote-first or office-first working mode.
- Office-First: working primarily from the Warsaw, Wroclaw, or Cracow studio for a minimum of 10 days per month.
- Remote-First: working from home, or from any location that is within 3 hours of the GMT+2 time zone.
Perks & Professional Growth
- Flexible working hours — start your workday anytime between 8:00 and 10:00 AM.
- A welcome pack filled with goodies — to help you feel right at home once you join the team.
- Trainings, lectures and courses — internal workshops, external training for each employee, ‘Meet a star’ events, knowledge-sharing initiatives, online tutorials, and e-learning classes are all available. There’s always something to learn!
- Merch — employee store discounts at CD PROJEKT RED Gear, gifts for newborn rebels and regular chances to nab some cool swag!
Health & Well-being
- Private medical healthcare — a selection of medical plans with dental care to choose from, which are also accessible for your partner and relatives.
- Support during COVID-19 — regular tests and COVID vaccinations at the studio as well as professional advice and guidance from a specialist doctor.
- Psychological care — free mental health support and various well-being webinars.
- Multisport card — gain access to a wide number of sporting and fitness facilities across the city.
Social Activities & Life in the Office
- Dog-friendly office — dog owner? Bring your pooch with you and look after them while working! There’s always a furry friend or two to meet at the studio.
- Social events — we host regular gatherings at the studio where we can all unwind, play games, and just have some fun together.
- Healthy selections — organic fruit, snacks, muesli, organic honey, vegan milk, and specialty coffee are all at your disposal around the studio. Enjoy!
- Truly international working environment — a chance to meet and work with a diverse selection of people from all around the world.
Head office in Warsaw
- Sustainable campus with an eco ethos — solar panels provide green energy, 2000 plants and an air-filtering system to help provide clean air, electric car charging points, flower meadows, and more green features in the works.
- An onsite, well-equipped gym with a climbing wall and a personal trainer available every day and pilates classes.
- Car and bike parking spaces.
- A designated space for your bicycle, as well as bicycle repair equipment and showers available whenever you need them.
- No dress-code — we like to keep it casual.
- Relocation package – flight ticket, company apartment for your first month, relocating your pet, shipping your belongings: it’s all covered. Who said moving countries needs to be complicated?
- Relocation assistance — processing your legalization operations for you, assistance with finding residence, tax settlements, helping out with translations if needed, and much more — we have dedicated teams to help make sure that all you need to feel right at home is taken care of.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees — and for your spouse or partner, too.
- Paid Leave — from 20 to 26 days of holiday for every team member per year, paid sick leave, and paid maternity & paternity leave.